Any good place for pulling pork?

DD27 announced pulled pork sandwiches might be her fav. Who knew?

And does anybody know any recommends for such a culinary treat in WDW?

The first one that comes to mind is Flame Tree Barbecue in AK. They definitely have it.

1 Like

Probably the Regal Eagle in Epcot too.

Whoops, I just googled and nope. Sorry!

1 Like

I would try the newish Regal Eagle Smokehouse in Epcot. Flame Tree is serviceable too.

Guy.

SMH.

4 Likes

I had some at the Regal Eagle. It tasted pretty good.

But to answer the question, Regal Eagle is top notch.

Flame Tree is not the good option it used to be.

2 Likes

Hey caught ya lookin

Polite Pig at DS gets a lot of love (I haven’t tried it yet).

3 Likes

I really liked Polite Pig… didn’t get the pulled pork, I don’t think. (I don’t remember for sure…it all looked good!)

ETA: I found the picture. I got the brisket sandwich, which was delicious.

2 Likes

Oh that’s right! I forget about them - but shouldn’t. They are REALLY good.

2 Likes

Friars Nook in MK used to have a pulled pork topped macaroni. It was delicious :yum:
I don’t know why they would stop serving such yumminess :woman_shrugging:t4:

Is it a topper option at Casey’s? Or am I mixing that up with the hot dog place at citywalk?

1 Like

If you ever make it to MA I have the best BBQ place a few miles from me called the Rusty Can. Beats any of the stuff at Disney by miles.
In the mean time, the other two are acceptable. ha!

1 Like

Well I can never rule out a trip to Boston.
I might just have to check out this Rusty Can
Thanks

1 Like

Hmmm Polite Pig was my original plan for our day at DS until everyone was singing the praises of Homecoming…

Might have to reach down and connect to our inner hobbit

3 Likes

Everyone claims to have the best BBQ place, although some of that is regional and personal preference. BUT, it is worth noting where, in each region, the best BBQ places are considered.

In SE Michigan, the best is generally considered to be Slow’s BBQ, which is rather amazing. Is it better than BBQ from other places? Shrug But at least if you want good BBQ in the metro Detroit area…Slow’s is the place! :slight_smile:

1 Like

:::adds Jsanta26 to the New England chapter of forum Liners:::

1 Like

You shippin up to Boston?

Both have excellent food, so it is more of a “what are you in the mood for”. Polite Pig is more quick service, though, not something you need an ADR for. Homecomin’ is amazing as well, but you need the ADR!

And you need your stretchy pants for Homecomin

2 Likes