Any fun QS in resorts?

We really liked both the QS sushi in the lobby of the Polynesian and the food at the main pool bar restaurant plus then you can stay and watch the fireworks on the beach. But I’m also no help because we liked QS at WL and eating outside, and the Mara at AKL!

2 Likes

This looks like so much fun!!!
This may be the winner with Mara being hard to appreciate in the dark.

1 Like

I would call to confirm it’s still a thing.

1 Like

The nachos at MK? They stopped that last year?

https://disneyparksmomspanel.disney.go.com/question/pecos-restaurant-offer-secret-nacho-challenge-magic-372511/

The secret menu at the Roxy at All Star Movies.

1 Like

Oh, trying to follow on my phone. There are a lot of secret menus but they change so often I would be scared to go somewhere based on that only. If I was staying there I would ask, but I don’t think I would go to a resort and take that chance. Of course, you might disagree.

1 Like

Thank you.
I didn’t realize. :+1:

I did just remember a podcast episode that included another review- just in case you want to try:

I think this is the episode.

1 Like

That seems pretty old, too.
I wonder where I could call to confirm.

I mean, the whole marquee set up might thrill enough on it’s own. But I’d not want to ask if it’s not a thing.

I have had luck in the past contacting Disney Food Blog. They seem to have contacts they can ask. I reached out to them when there were rumors that the crab legs were no longer at Cape May.

You might want to ask what the recent items are? If they are not something you would want it might not be fun?

2 Likes

+1 for AJ at DFB

You’re going in November I think? We went to the Contemporary on our first evening last year (Nov 9). The gingerbread display was up, we checked out the gift shop, and got desserts at Contempo Café (monorail cupcake - so good). You could also visit the other monorail resorts on the same trip - at the Grand Floridian I hear the QS is good, Basin is fun, if the gingerbread house is up that’s great (I’m not sure what day it opened last year), at the Poly Captain Cook’s has good food and beach is great for watching MK fireworks…

1 Like

Wow!
Yes. The day I’m planning for is 11/12.
This would be easy to access. I could leave my car in TTC lot even and not mess around.
I’m sure they’d love the Gingerbread house. It almost doesn’t matter what we eat as much as I was hoping something fun or unique or super Disney-ish.

Contemporary Gingerbread:

Monorail cupcake at Contempo Café (ETA: DD ate some, DH had a bite and I ended up finishing it - it was very filling:

Grand Floridian Gingerbread (it smells amazing, although a lady next to me said she couldn’t smell it):

Tip: if you go to Basin at the GF, some things are pricy, but you can make little vials of bath salts quite affordably and they may have little $5ish bags of bar soap pieces at the counter. I bought bar soap last year and I just started my last bar the other day. ETA: If you buy anything here you might want to double ziplock it so everything else you own doesn’t smell like soap.

Wandering the Poly grounds:

Electric Water Pageant Poly Beach:

Fireworks Poly Beach (this is the beach beside the lava pool):

1 Like

You are right. I got confused because there are no ADRs. But it is a table service credit. My bad.

Our first park day is also MK and it’s closing at 6 for MNNSHP. We are eating at Ohana at 7ish and then we may ride the monorail around the resort loop before heading to the poly beach for 10 fireworks. I’ve eaten at Capt Cooks at the Poly and it was pretty good.
Maybe you could do a monorail resort loop and share appetizers at an easy to get TS like Kona, The Wave, or GF Cafe, and then have qs dinner at the next resort, and dessert at the last.

Sana’a at Kidani for breakfast is QS. That be a neat place to go.

These photos are beautiful. Thank you for including them.
I really need some time to make a plan. I bouncing from soccer game to meeting to community college. :woman_facepalming::woman_facepalming:

And @NoCapes • how embarrassing for me to even admit i had imagined you to look like Edna Mode :expressionless::woman_facepalming::laughing: and have dark hair and glasses. So glad I have a face to go with all the helpful tips and friendly encouragement!!!

1 Like

Still lots of time to make a plan. Or if you decide to check out the monorail resorts you could just explore and move on to the next resort when you are done at the first one.

:joy::joy: Well I do often wear glasses and without the hairdresser my hair would be much darker, but with the curls it would never be Edna Mode hair.

1 Like

I thought the same :joy: though I look nothing like Tink so I don’t know why!

2 Likes