Any advice about Dulles airport vs BWI or DCA?

Considering how early & late rush hour runs around here, I get it! I’ve seen some great deals for BWI but there’s no way I’d risk the traffic to get there.

I will say the metro stop location within the airport complex isn’t bad (it’s right next to Garage 1) and most of your walk will be indoors with the option of the conveyer-belt walkway.

1 Like

To be fair, total walk is about the same, as the walk way from Garage 1 is longer. I’m a wimp and got stuck on a cold day at the far end of 2 so by the time I got inside felt like frozen popsicle. Since total time is about the same I opt for inside!

2 Likes

Ah! I think the one time I was there I took the shuttle becaise I didn’t know about the underground pathway. TBH, the shuttle worked well too, of you have time.

1 Like

so sorry to be late to answer — i got home at midnight from a disney cruise! trip report to follow at some point…

on said trip, i parked at garage 1. i used to park at garage 2, but i have learned 1 is easier to get, and about the same walk

i now use the Dulles online parking reservation website, both to ensure a space — OMG Thanksgiving insanity!! — and slightly reduced rates. the remote/economy lot also is great, $10/day vs $17/day, and not that much less convenient

i would use the new metro option but i would have to park in my local metro station parking lot, or uber to metro, or convince DH to drive me and pick me up — no, not happening! — and change from red line to silver with luggage, so No

bottom line line: i don’t think there is an answer that works for everyone the same. i live near the beltway and not far from that to dulles access road, so any dulles parking is usually less than uber or taxi. but if i lived in the city and had easier access to metro, i could see doing that

1 Like