Another way to think about it

In the discussions about FPP, it usually comes down to folks wanting to get the FPP for the ride they want to do the most (which makes sense) which often isn’t possible. Next would be the ride that saves you the most time. Again, makes sense.

But it occurs to me that maybe, from a purely psychological standpoint, we should pick the ride you would least be willing to wait for (providing it saves time).

For example, I wi) generally ride Space Mountain regardless of the wait. But I hate waiting for Astro Orbiter even though I like to ride it. So getting a FPP for AO makes more sense than getting one for SM if only because I don’t mind the wait on SM.

Ultimately saving time matters. But then so does saving sanity. So I think this will end up playing a factor into what FPPs I decide (and am able)nto get.

Anyone else have other out of the ordinary ways they prioritize their FPP choices?

1 Like

except there’s no such thing as a FPP for AO :wink:

2 Likes

I keep meaning to start a thread (actually I’ve tried it at least once) in which we get a proper record of what kind of lines each attraction has. By which I mean: whether it is interesting, whether it is indoors and air-conditioned, etc.

1 Like

No-one likes a smart-arse.

Is this why you were hounded out of your old job? Did you keep saying things like “a boy without a winkle is a girl”?

2 Likes

No. I was much more intellectual about it.

A boy is dumb because the smarts are stored in the part of the X chromosome they don’t have, which is what makes it a Y chromosome

1 Like

If girls are so smart, how come none of them have become President? You have to be super smart to be President.

Obviously. As evidenced by 45?

3 Likes

He’s super smart. He said so. And super humble. He said that, too. That’s why he’s President and you’re not.

1 Like

Must-do attractions are the first thing I consider for FP selection. Next, I consider the queue quality (themed, interactive and/or air conditioned) and whether the ride is outdoors (our trips have been during thunderstorm season) along with time savings. I also take into account when during the day we would like to do the attraction. We do at least one sit-down meal a day so no water rides right before a table service meal.

For example, I picked a Jungle Cruise FP for our 2nd day at MK over a Space Mountain FP because a)Jungle Cruise gets shutdown during thunderstorms b)JC has a stuffy standby queue. SM by comparison has an air conditioned queue and is indoors.

1 Like

Yeah. I know. It was merely illustrative.

1 Like

bateman-sunglasses

1 Like

Felonious, my old friend!
Step on in and let me shake your hand.
So glad that you’re here again,
for one more time, let your madness run with mine.
Streets still unseen we’ll find somehow,
no time is better than now.

1 Like

Smackdown!! Can I like this 137 times amiga?

1 Like

I do actually choose the queues I hate the most to FP. PP, soaring, Splash… I abhore the waiting areas!!

1 Like

Tomorrowland Speedway. If the kid has to do it, it’s a FPP!

On our first trip with our now DS8, I did not think that Tomorrowland Speedway would be among his favorite attractions. I mean, we’ve done car rides at other amusement parks, and he liked them but wasn’t over the moon for them. The first day we waited maybe 20 min in that awful queue.

For our 2nd MK day, I asked my son if he could pick one thing to do first thing at rope drop, what would it be? You guessed it, TS. Tomorrowland freaking Speedway at rope drop.

The things parents do for their kids… :slight_smile:

1 Like

This would be a great resource

I’m sorry are you off your meds.