ANOTHER Memory Maker Share EARLY September 2015

Hey All. I am interested in doing an MM Share for my upcoming trip. My Dates are 9/2 - 9/8. Is anyone else interested? I have headed up an MM Share before and am happy to answer any questions about it. Thanks!

I might be interested! How does it work, I’ve never done it before? I’ll be there 9/12 - 9/20.

I may be interested as well. Right now, our trip is a bit up in the air, but our tentative dates are Sep 19-26.

I would be interested. Our dates are Sept 11-15

That’s Great! Does anyone have any questions? There are a couple of ways we can communicate. Either through email or a facebook group. I am happy to do whatever y’all prefer. I can buy the MM and create an MDE account for it. We all need to “friend” that account. I can accept individual payments in paypal. Too many parties definitely make the process more arduous but it does make the MM cheaper. We should settle on a general number of parties. Have any of you done MM recently (since they changed from sending you a CD to current download process)? If so, you will understand why we need to place a # of parties cap. You can not choose which pictures to download. You have to download them all and then delete the ones you don’t want. The MM will start on the date of the first parties visit and expire 30 days later. So you can visit anytime in that 30 day window.

1 Like

Here is a general article about the new MM

Basically (with a lot more detail and info to follow) I collect money via paypal for everyone’s share (depends on # of parties). Use that money to buy MM and create a new mde account. We all friend that account and place pics on our magic bands when we are there. We then edit pics and download them from our shared account.

Forgot to mention that 6 parties is usually the most that you want to have on a share. It worked pretty well on our last trip in May but I am open to suggestions. Anymore would likely be too many pictures to go through. We can wait a bit to see if there are anymore interested parties out there.

We will be going 9/27 through 10/2. I looks like 10/1 would be 30 days and would cut off the last day of our trip. Does that sound right?

Is it worth it if we don’t have magic bands? We’re staying off-site and don’t want to buy them.

Yes, that’s correct. I am the one that will be there on the 2nd. It will be pretty late in the afternoon/evening. I am willing to promise to not take pics that day so it will then start on the 3rd.

Do they load all the pics on one card for you? Or give you multiple photo pass cards when you take pics? How do you redeem them? Just plug in the card#'s when you get home? I would think as long as you get them loaded onto ur mde account in a timely manner, it should work the same. All it does is take all of our pics and load them onto the shared account. We then edit them in the shared account only (edits on our mde will not carry over) and download them. When we did Belle’s Story we got a photopass card and loaded it onto my mde, it carried over to the shared account just fine. I would think it works exactly the same.

That would be great but I understand that several of the rides take automatic pics, could that start the clock rolling on 09/2 prematurely?

This is our first trip and we might not make it back for a while so I need to make sure of all the details. Thanks

Yes, that is correct, and we had planned on test track. I apologize I didn’t think of that.

I found this answer in this article

I’m staying off-site so how does Memory Maker work for off-site vs. on-site?
Off-site guests won’t have MagicBands to use unless they are purchased separately (they are available to buy in the parks) but can use PhotoPass cards or park tickets to scan pics. Since some new Memory Maker features (like on-ride videos) are only available to people who use MagicBands, it might be worth it to have at least 1 person buy one to get the full benefit.

I found this answer in this article

I’m staying off-site so how does Memory Maker work for off-site vs. on-site?
Off-site guests won’t have MagicBands to use unless they are purchased separately (they are available to buy in the parks) but can use PhotoPass cards or park tickets to scan pics. Since some new Memory Maker features (like on-ride videos) are only available to people who use MagicBands, it might be worth it to have at least 1 person buy one to get the full benefit.

I still think we’ll join y’all if we can get enough people. I might call Disney to see if it would expire on 10/1 or 10/2.

Ok. Sounds good. Definitely call the photo pass cust svc line if you do. The other cm’s will not be as knowledgeable.

Sorry I think I’ll be passing this time. We’re staying off-site, and it looks like I wouldn’t get the full benefit without magic bands, which we don’t want to buy because we can’t use all the features of that either without staying on-site.

Ok. I understand. We use ours all the time even when we stay off site. Our tickets are loaded on them so that’s how we enter the parks and we can make FP’s up to 30 days in advance as long as we have tickets on our mde account. Those are automatically loaded onto our mb’s as well. Even when we stay on site the only other added benefit we use is unlocking our room door. I don’t personally like to use them to pay for anything…

So far it looks like there are 4 parties interested. That’s aprox $50 per family. We can wait a bit longer to see if anyone else will join in. Is everyone still interested? @Iheartepcot @fourthdimension2005 @marisagarber

@fourthdimension2005, we did look at our trip a bit closer today and decided not to go to a park on 9/2 after all. We are going to DTD instead. So, the clock will not start until 9/3.