Another Covid era TP question - any takers

I just read another question over on the DIS about the TP plans in the current non-FP era.

Anyone want to give some first hand advice?

1 Like

I don’t think they work as well right now because the data is not as helpful with less predictably, lower staffing, etc.

But they are better than winging it.

4 Likes

What thread on Disboards?

In the Theme Park Attractions & Stategies forum, “How well is TouringPlans working in a non-fastpass world”. About 6 threads down.

1 Like

I agree they are better than winging it.

Although others (some that are posting on the DIS) will rail against the thought that they are a predictable human being, TouringPlans (TP) has proven time and again that they have a grasp on crowd behaviors and patterns. People are just plain predictable.

The beauty is TP is not a stagnate group. They are constantly tweaking the algorithms and have people on the ground making observations to account for factors that may impact crowd flow and wait times. In addition, I hear they are already looking into how the new Genie will impact crowd flows.

Does that mean TP is perfect? Absolutely not.

We are definitely in a different era where there are additional external pressures effecting wait times. I have confidence that the TP team will figure it out.

3 Likes

I agree with that last bit and neglected to say so.

I believe that after we get through this time TPs will function as well or better than before. I love them and believe in the. Or I wouldn’t still be using them all these years later

3 Likes

Definitely better than winging it.
You need all help you can get in the non-fast pass era.

It’s that simple!

1 Like

I will admit I was a bit worried. We are in Orlando now and this is our first time using the personalized plans & app. I had always made my own based on the book.

So far, I have found the wait time predictions to be pretty good, usually erring on the long side. I trust them way better than the posted wait times.

I would worry a bit more about using the static plans, but I think even those would be better than no plan.