Annual pass ticket conversion-undercover tourist

I’m sorry if this has been asked before, I am trying to find the answer and find all different answers online. My question is are tickets bought from undercover tourist completely upgrade-able to an annual pass? I find answers that say you have to use 1 day first or won’t get the discount, I read no only if it a magic your way ticket from WDW itself…if I buy say 3 day park hoppers, can I turn that into an annual pass once there? Do I have to use it first? How does that work?

And also, you get the amount paid for tickets off the annual pass price too, right? So it would make sense to pay for park hoppers bc I will get that extra amount off the AP price?
Has anything changed for 2017?

Yes, you can upgrade Undercover Tourist tickets to an annual pass. Advice is to use it first so that you will then get full credit for the current Disney price on the ticket, and it would lock in your savings. In February I received full credit on a discounted ticket that I upgraded without going into the park first.

2 Likes

What you want to look for is the UT ticket that has the greatest discount amount vs the official WDW price, as that is the amount you will be saving when you upgrade the ticket to an AP.

1 Like

Just do not use a water park ticket on an waterpark entry if you do not want to get an AP that does not include the water parks.

@brklinck and @PrincipalTinker I discovered this old thread… Do you happen to know which value WDW is currently crediting people for when doing a ticket to AP conversion? WDW Gate price, WDW online price, or UT price paid? It will make a difference in my decision to upgrade. Also, why is it important to use the ticket first?

@JJT updated his charts the other day I believe. Did you see his info? I will look and see if you are on that thread. If not, I will put a link here.

1 Like

This was what I was thinking of:

Look at the posts towards the end of the thread.

1 Like

If you do not use the ticket at least once, you will only be credited the price that you paid for it.

1 Like

Ok, thanks to both of you! Here is my situation… I had already bought date specific 8-day PH tickets from UT at a discount which I was planning to convert for my trip next week and for June 2020. I am stuck with those now. Then, the dreaded increase in AP prices which essentially will make it $1K more expensive for me to do this than I thought. However, the wonderful @TheProphetPaul posted about getting his AP’s at Sam’s for the old price. I jumped on it and bought 4 AP’s at Sam’s which do not expire until 2030. I am debating if I should still do the conversion next week for my 2019 and 2020 trips at the inflated WDW AP price, and save the 4 Sam’s Club AP’s for future trips? (It sounds ridiculous, but when I work the numbers, it might make sense, depending on the credit I receive for my UT tickets. The main issue is not knowing whether my kids, who will both be in college or beyond, will be available in the future to use the Sam’s AP’s. I took a gamble here.) If you foresee any problems with this approach, please let me know. Thanks again for your help!

You could always use those APs for yourself?

When I purchased through Sam’s, I had to give information about each person that I was buying a pass for. The website said the passes were not transferrable. Is that normal?

I think it always gives that warning but in MDE it does say you can (before activation).

1 Like

Great! Thank you. :slightly_smiling_face:

Have you ever had multiple annual passes under the same name in MDE at the same time?

No, I would move them to people I created in my account in the past, or create something me fake people.