Anna and Elsa...or die trying

Just a few notes. If you want to book the one nights hotel you should do it through Orbitz. You can book a night at a value for much less than a $150. Quickly looking you could book the night at All Star Sports for $89 a night.

Also if you choose to do this you won’t only be able to get FP for the two days of that reservation. FPP’s booking windows are based on ticket length. The 60 day window is just activated by having an onsite reservation so once you’re 60 days out you could book your full ticket length of FP’s on the same day.

Side note as I am in a similar situation…there should be a market where FastPass+ reservations can be sold or traded for real $. Disney could make a killing.

Thanks @Orbits. Looking at it now!

1 Like

Thank you so much for the advice. This is a great idea. We were going to go to Hollywood studios on the 22nd then MK on my daughter’s birthday on 23rd.
Do I get free parking on both days at Disney? And, if so, how can I prove I have a Disney reservation for the 22nd, if I don’t book into the hotel until after our day at HS?
Sorry for the ignorance but each of the dozen or so trips to DW have all been off site.

You’d have to check in first… they will give you a paper to put on your dash when you drive into the resort at the security gate.

You get free parking both days - your check in and check out day. You can do online check in at any time. Your parking pass is then automatically linked to your Magic Bands which they’ll scan at the gate. However, you will have to stop at the hotel beforehand and pick up your Magic Bands as you’ll need these for the park. I don’t believe they will ship them outside of the United States, so instead they hold them for you at the hotel.

I believe check-in is only from 3pm. Am I able to pick up my magic bands before this time?

I checked in at 8am, and my bands were ready. The room isn’t usually available until the afternoon, but the hotel staffers are aware you want to get to the parks! They’ll get your check-in packet and MBs ready, and you can sign up for a text with your room number when it becomes available.

Thanks everybody!

I have booked a one night stay at the All Star Sports on 22nd and hopefully I will be able to set up the fast pass selections 60 days in advance, however they are only showing my ability to book 30 days in advance at the moment!?

Here’s hoping that I get great ‘Daddy Points’ and get in to see those Frozen princesses!

Thank you. We will make an early call to the Hotel and do the same. :smile:

That’s normal. It will open up to sixty at 60 days from your check-in.

Yes, it will for sure. Once your 60 days open up, it’ll show that.
Now, remember to go into your “My Disney” account and choose the Magic Bands that you want (you can pick colors and personalize them). Also make sure you link your tickets to your MBs, you have to do this to make your FP+ selections.

Also, you can go to disney.com and buy what are called “Magic Bandits”, they’re these little charicature things that snap onto your Magic Bands, to decorate them. Definitely a Disney marketing ploy, but for only $8.95US for 3, really not a bad one, lol. And… of course, if they’re not sold out - they have Anna & Elsa ones. Grab a pack of those for your daughter :slight_smile: Also, if you purchase them online, the Disney ponchos are $5 when you buy 2 or more. Cheaper than in park. And from what I’ve heard, they are worth every penny. And you WILL want ponchos in August, as there’ll be a rain storm come through every afternoon at some point.

Someone else can chime in on this, but if you don’t want to pay for shipping to UK, I’m pretty sure you can ship to the resort and they’ll hold it there.

You can also buy the bandits while you’re at the park but if you do bring some superglue because they never stay on and they’ll just end up lost otherwise.

Outer1 and mshanson3121; you are both stars! Thank you for all the info. It is appreciated. I will link my entrance cards to the magic bands when I get home from work. I will definitely buy some Anna and Elsa ‘bandits’. My daddy points will be through the roof, thanks to you guys!

1 Like