Animal Kingdom Trails

Opposing opinion here! :grimacing:

We took the Gorilla Falls Trail and found it to be just added walking to our day. Iā€™d rather be walking toward a ride, lunch, or somewhere with purpose. I completely get that people find looking at the animals ā€œthe purposeā€ but for me, I can visit my local zoo and see those exact same animals when my feet arenā€™t so tired. It did not feel like recovery time for our kiddos, more like unnecessary walking.

1 Like

yes as @Nicky_S said tp times woefully short. and I agree with @OBNurseNHā€¦fave is gorilla falls, but I do like maharajah too. I try to make time for both and at least 45 minutesā€¦having said that, we are empty nesters. if you have young kids maybe shorter amount of time. those trails however were my kids favorites when they were 10ish

1 Like

I was kind of thinking that as well But I think waiting for character greets are a time waster as well. I am a ride enthusiest thought.

With kids it may actually take longer. My 4 and 9 year old stopped at every single animal they saw for a considerable time. We only had 3 rides on the AK day and spent the rest of our time exploring the trails.
I would try fitting both Maharaja and Gorilla trails in your plan.

1 Like

Completely agree! I was dreading the character meets for my trip a month ago. I picked a few I knew were must-haves for my kids, found out the times, and made sure I was first or second in line for the meet. I felt much better about it that way.

1 Like

Too true, the problem is everyone recommends you do everything first thing in the morning! I tried this strategy and it failed.:frowning:

1 Like

So in the past (pre-Pandora) if we did a pre-RD breakfast at TH we would often finish well ahead of our KS FPP, and so we would visit the Gorilla Trail then.

Did you know it used to be called the Pangani Trail? I liked that betterā€¦ This is a picture of the real Pangani ā€“ doesnā€™t it remind you of something??

1 Like

Thatā€™s a really great idea. I think I was on the trail around 11:30 and just had to bail at the amount of people.
Great pic!

1 Like