Animal Kingdom touring plan input?

I’ve watched the TouringPlans Teaches YouTube videos on how to create a solid one full day plan for Animal Kingdom (TouringPlan 304). I put all of the attractions and shows recommended by Becky in the order she suggests into my custom touring plan, and then “evaluated” the plan. It sounds like a good day full of stuff to see and do, though the TouringPlan system seems to think there’s no way we’ll be able to see and do all of the things Becky described in the video.

Any advice on what I should expect? Do we stick with the attractions/shows in the order described in that YouTube video, or do we try to “optimize” the custom plan and see what happens? FYI we’re going on Tuesday of next week, so not expected to be crazy busy.

EDIT: here’s the published plan!

Can you post your plan? You need to publish it and then you can copy and paste the url in a reply.

2 Likes

Are you rope dropping? TP doesn’t take a good RD into account.

1 Like

yes that’s our intention; get to the park 30 min before early entry opening.

1 Like

This is the YouTube video from TouringPlans where I got my list of attractions

I found that I had to scratch off the things I planned to finish during RD and then build the plan starting 30-45 minutes after park opening. We got FOP, EE and LL for KS during RD and TP couldn’t process that.

1 Like

Alright, that’s interesting and I appreciate your input! I haven’t been to Disney since the mid 90s and so we are learning a whole new system. I love the potential of the TouringPlans and all of the info in the Unofficial Guide to Disney, but it’s also a bit overwhelming to figure out.

1 Like

We’ve downloaded the Lines app and will plan to use it… I recall seeing in one of the YouTube videos that you can check off attractions you’ve visited and then have it optimize, but I wonder if that’s worth doing or if we just try to wing it once we know what our major priorities will be for a given park?

1 Like

I like using the app and updating in real time. I can mark off attractions as I do them and then re-optimize.

2 Likes

When I went, TP wasn’t yet optimized for G+. I believe the system is better calibrated on what returns you might expect now. Like @JenniferB1975 said, we used to to tick off what we’d ridden and then re-optimize the plan.

2 Likes

I don’t think that is early enough. The parking lot and first buses arrive about an hour before early entry.

2 Likes

I agree with this.

The first photo was at 7:11 for a 7:30 early entry, second photo 7:32. We were middle of the pack at best, probably closer to the front of the rear. We did get a good FOP and EE rope drop though. I’m hoping to get front of the back and get FOP 2x next time!

4 Likes

oh wow, that’s something I’ll have to factor in! we are staying at Poly and will have a car, so we can drive over whenever.

1 Like

Yes, I would try to time it to get at the parking booth about an hour before early entry.

3 Likes

I’ll make a note of that - thanks!

2 Likes

I noticed you have a lot of the street atmosphere listed and the plan is assuming that you will be standing there watching the whole time, with free time in between waiting for the next show. Will that be the case? If not, I would just make a note of when showtimes are and put it in the notes in the other steps for that land, or notes during a meal break. It would be more realistic I think to grab something to eat and watch a show at the same time than really spend 90 mins watching shows back to back with free time in between and then not eating lunch until 2pm. TP doesnt account for overlapping activities, or for watching for 5 mins and then moving on.

5 Likes

I totally agree with @Wilderness Lodger.

I would make a plan using all the major rides and shows (FOTK, Nemo) and see how much time that much takes, and what order to do them in. I would consider them as your “must do’s.” Then add in all the other street atmosphere things as things you pass by or can squeeze in when you are in the area. Those performers are useful things to entertain people when they’re killing time, but can eat up a lot of time if you are watching the whole show.

I don’t know the ages of your children, or their sensitivities, but ITTBAB can be very scary with the large bugs and special effects (especially things you can feel). There can be several crying children!

2 Likes

Street atmosphere - that’s a great way to describe those things! I put them in there because they were suggested in the TouringPlans 304 video I watched, but that does make sense to take them off the plan and just see what we may see throughout the day.

As for the Bug’s Life show, I don’t really care to go to it but my 11 year old probably would like it. I have a 13 year old who would likely be delighted to NOT go to it :slight_smile: Maybe 11 year old and dad can go to the bug thing.

3 Likes

That would probably be fairly reliant on crowd levels. I was fairly front of pack this past Saturday (2023.04.22). By the time I got off, line looked close to 90min to me.

2 Likes

Boo!