Animal Kingdom Lodge Vs Old Key West

I have a trip booked for 9/12 - 9/19. The first 5 nights are at POP with the last two nights at Old Key West, booked with the back to school discount. I had never really considered it as an option but I could get a 1 bedroom villa there cheaper than any of the other deluxes rooms.

However, some savanna view room at the Animal Kingdom Lodge have come down in price for my stay, and would only cost about an extra 80 buck for both nights vs OKW.

The day I am checking into OKW (or AKL if I switch) was going to be my all day Animal kingdom day, will lunch at Sanna, and the next night having dinner at Jiko.

So should I give up the villa at OKW with its extra space, spa tub, quite and relaxed vibe and boat ride access to Disney springs (not sure i will use that); for a savanna view, quick access to the park and dining I will be doing those days, and the atmosphere and experience of the Animal Kingdom Lodge?

Although all Disney deluxe resorts are great- there really isn’t anything that can compare to AKL. My answer is always AKL! Jiko ! I am jealous !

1 Like

Yes, I would switch to AKL if you are planning AK, Jiko, and Sanaa. AKL is amazing!

3 Likes

I would agree, AKL is the better choice, I had the family booked later year into OKW, when rooms opened up at AKL, switched without hesitation, kids loved it and I think the adults did more.

1 Like

Thanks for all the advice guys, AKL has always been on my list to try one day, so I will talk with my travel agent about switching!!

2 Likes