Animal Kingdom Dinner

Having trouble deciding between Sanaa or Yak and Yeti for dinner on our AK day. It will be me, DH, and DD2.5. We’ve never been to either and we have a PPO Tusker House reservation that morning. Which would you choose?

If you don’t mind leaving the park, Sana’a is a pretty delicious meal in a unique setting. Mmmmmmmm bread service.

If you don’t want to leave the park, Yak and Yeti is a very good choice. Just dined there in January and will definitely be back.

5 Likes

Everyone ALWAYS gushes about the bread service. What, exactly, is it about the bread that is so amazing?

2 Likes

It’s the dips! But the bread is pretty darn good too.

5 Likes

IMO, it’s just naan with some dips. I don’t like Indian food, but was there with someone who does and they said it was good, but not, like, the best ever. If you have access to a reasonably good Indian restaurant, you might feel like it’s overrated.

1 Like

It’s naan, which I love. But I eat that at home a lot. But for someone who doesn’t get it a lot, I’m sure it’s special!

I would choose Yak & Yeti because it eliminates traveling out of the park and that is a perk for me personally. However, if you don’t mind leaving the park, choose Sanaa. In other words, I just repeated exactly what @OBNurseNH just said :laughing:

3 Likes

If you choose to go to Sanaa, be sure to go when there is still daylight so that DD2.5 can see the animals. For lunch I think that I had a really good butternut squash soup. We shared the bread service. We may have split the deep fried candy bar for dessert. I have not yet been to Yak and Yeti.

Listen. Don’t yuck my yum okay?

:wink:

3 Likes

When I’m right, I’m right :laughing:

2 Likes

Here’s my nickel guidance …
Yak & Yeti = a very good lunch
Sanaa = a dining experience to remember

Just to hammer home the point that if you’re going to go to Sanaa it needs to be during daylight so you can appreciate the view. Ask for a window table.

1 Like

We did both Sana’a and Yak and Yeti last August. Both were ok, but we aren’t in a hurry to go back to either one, although that bread service was good. I would suggest that you look at Tiffins or Jiko, both are excellent.

2 Likes

After having the butter chicken at Sana’a, it gets my vote. Every time.

2 Likes

Do they still have the night vision goggles at the resort?

If you can’t get there before sundown, this may be fun.

My vote is for Jiko! Love it.

1 Like

They do. But honestly this is not nearly as good as it’s made out to be. They aren’t awesome.

Jiko is my favorite too but I can share the bread service and one or two entrees with 3 people at Sanaa and it is always a great cheap meal.

2 Likes

Tiffins is my absolute favorite! We eat there every time we go now! Even my children enjoy it.

1 Like

To me, this is the key, especially for the picky eater. DH and I both loved the bread service (the different kinds of naan were amazing and oh, my goodness, the dips, yum - I literally ordered it every night as a late night snack to go when we stayed at Kidani!). I took DH twice. The first time he ordered some meat trio meal and wasn’t a fan. Took me 4 years to get him back and I told him to order the butter chicken (mind you, I told him that the first time but he ignored me). Winner! Now, he can’t wait to go back.

All that being said, if you plan on ending your day with dinner, I’d do Sanaa. If you plan on doing more at AK after dinner, I wouldn’t waste the time leaving and I’d stick with Yak and Yeti (which I love too!)

1 Like

Sanaa was one of our favourites from our trip in January. The kids liked it too. They had traditional American options on the kids menu for our picky son (he got pizza) and we were able to take one of the plant-based options off the adult menu (a curry) for our other son. Bread service was definitely a hit. We went there mainly because I’d heard so many people talking about it. It didn’t disappoint.

We’ve always enjoyed Sanaa. I agree with @sanstitre_has_left_the_building, go during the day if you can. The view is fantastic! Jiko is also an outstanding option at AKL. Enjoy!