Angela Lansbury died!

Gaslight is one of the best movies ever!!

4 Likes

That’s sad.

3 Likes

wow, what an amazing career she had. she will be missed :heart: we’ll be watching fantasia tonight at our house

5 Likes

Oh no, sorry to hear this

4 Likes

A few years ago Angela Lansbury sang Beauty and the Beast live with Alan Menken at the piano. The best song! It’s like hot cocoa on a rainy day.

https://twitter.com/rexchapman/status/1579922951465758720?s=46&t=34xMAY7CrXJzTq8XJ_PCMA

8 Likes

I remember watching this on TV and it was so perfect. Thanks for linking it because it was even better, if bittersweet, now. I had no idea she was the same age as the Queen too.

4 Likes

Omw!! Just reading this. I never knew. How scary…

4 Likes

Thank you for posting this! Wow!

3 Likes

I just love and admire Angela Lansbury. What an incredible life she had! (Although it sounds like there were some rough patches with her children.) I’ve watched the whole series of Murder, She Wrote more times than I can count and definitely wore out our Bedknobs and Broomsticks VHS. I had really hoped to catch her live one day but alas that opportunity has passed. Should have gotten down to NYC to see Blithe Spirit years ago.

4 Likes

Thanks for sharing that Jeff! So beautiful to watch. When the live action BATB came out I was pretty pissed that she wasn’t singing. It just doesn’t sound right without her voice. She was an icon.

3 Likes

I love this song from Bedknobs and Broomsticks! I used to sing it all the time!

4 Likes

I am definitely going to listen to this whole soundtrack on the way home now! Love them all!

3 Likes

Did you know that song was originally written for Mary Poppins?

3 Likes

:astonished:

No. I did not!

1 Like

The More You Know GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

2 Likes

My favorite song from B&B is “The Age of Not Believing.” Also I would be lying if I said I didn’t sing a bit of “Portobello Road” while walking down the real Portobello Road in London.

5 Likes

I mean, there isn’t a bad song in the bunch. But there is something about bobbing along on the bottom of the beautiful briny sea that just speaks to me! Me! Who won’t snorkel because she don’t like fish! :joy:

6 Likes

Same! And it was so disappointing that there were no magic shows or dancing at all!

4 Likes

I would love to have seen this “deleted scene”!

4 Likes