And so it begins again!

What beautiful pictures! Have a magical time with your mom. More pictures!

3 Likes

Uhhhh??? Please do! Actually I insist, no, I beg you to spam away!!!

7 Likes

So happy for you two! Have a wonderful trip.

1 Like

Well I was going to save the spam for the trip report. :grin:

Day 1 has concluded. Rain “dampened” the fun (is it still a pun when using the definition?), but overall good. Couple of surprises made the day really come together.

Surprisingly not worn out by pushing the chair. But we’ll see how long that holds true.

(at the desert party surprise)

22 Likes

Great pictures! :smiley:

1 Like

Great pictures! I am so glad you were able to take this trip.

1 Like

So today had a great start, then kinda went into “bleh” territory toward the end. Nothing truly terrible and the adage of “a bad day at Disney is better than a good day anywhere else.” In short: stupid me not being better prepared and stupid weather making sure I knew it.

But I did snag a few good pics.

17 Likes

Oh what’s that? It’s 4am and I’m up without an issue? I must be at Disney World. Ok, so I might be posting this nearly 2 hours after waking up).

(I am…really high up) :sweat_smile:

18 Likes

Good morning!

1 Like

Morning! As dawn breaks I am enjoying coffee here on the balcony trying to find who suggested getting gloves for the wheel chair. Whomever that was (and I will eventually remember/find the post) you are a GENIUS!! My hands have been completely saved thanks to them. So thanks for that.

And of course everyone else’s support too :smiley:

6 Likes

What’s the plan for today?

BOG at 8 am, then lazy empty-MK enjoyment, then an evaluation of needed rest, then off to animal kingdom until around 2 or so, head back to the hotel for rest until dinner at Epcot at 6. Then illuminations, and finally (for her) back to the hotel for sleep while I go and close out MK like a liner tends to do :sunglasses:

11 Likes

Sounds wonderful. I like how you are doing shorter activities with rest in between. I hope today goes well for you both.

Yeah, It’s been a bit of a learning curve to see how much she can handle. Monday was really pushing it for her and we are (we’ll, I am) constantly reevaluating the plan. I like to think we made a lot of progress on how to handle her stamina yesterday. She is ok resting and I’m ok getting a few hours of solo park time.

The only rule (that’s self imposed I’m fairly sure) is that I do not visit a place she hasn’t been to yet. So after today, animal kingdom will be “unlocked” for me to travel solo.

9 Likes

I am so impressed by how much you are doing! You seem to have a full day planned. Enjoy!

Looks like the weather gods are being a bit apologetic this morning. I’m ok with this.

20 Likes

Sunshine and some blue sky! Yay!

1 Like

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap: wow, your pictures made me quite emotional this morning. Something about that surprise dessert party and her enjoying a treat really got me. I could have sobbed like a baby, I had a lump in my throat holding it back. Such an AMAZING AND THOUGHTFUL AND INCREDIBLE thing you have done for your mom. I can only pray my son grows up to be so kind and generous! :heart:️:heart:️:heart:️:heart:️:heart:️:heart:️

12 Likes

New hat? New hat.

25 Likes

I am so glad you were able to do this trip. The pictures are great. Keep enjoying yourself and your special time with your mom.

2 Likes