And away we go! Off to Neverland: an almost live trip report

It is stressful! It’s awful!! I shake too, HATE it!

But… WOOHOOOOOO you got a BG! :partying_face::partying_face::partying_face:

6 Likes

You just have to say, “I am one with the Force and the Force is with me” and believe that and it works :smiley:

Yay for you all!

6 Likes

4 Likes

No.

1 Like

magic is magic

2 Likes

Guy at the parking booth said “may the force be with you.” Automatic response was “and also with you!” Doh!

Waiting for mmrr to open

21 Likes

Hello and welcome to today’s gathering of Catholics Anonymous :wink:

DD looks FANTASTIC!

16 Likes

We were let in the parking at 8:00 on the dot, into the parks at 8:15. We were stepping off mmrr by 8:45. Went to tot for a twenty minute wait. The kids chickened out.

Now we’re in line for RRC, DD11 might not ride. Mom and dd7 are off to their Hollywood and Vine breakfast. So far, it’s been a great fast paced morning!

19 Likes

After rrc, we had breakfast. I split the blueberry waffle platter from Hollywood scoops with dh.

The whole group met back together at the Muppets

We took a walk through galaxies edge and met some friends and foe

Tried both blue and green milk. We all preferred the blue

Then scooted off to toy story land to ride you story mania.

It was exactly a forty mi ute wait at 12:50 as posted. I placed a mobile order for woodys lunchbox in line and could pick it up at 1:50.

When we got off toy story our big was called, right around 1:30

14 Likes

I love DS’s Chewie ears!

2 Likes

I meant to say the same!

2 Likes

We got out of rise at 1:45 and stopped at kat sakas.
The outpost mix is back! It was tasty!

Also for snack we got our woodys lunchbox mo. Halloween Lunchbox Tarts, mystic portal punch. The pinch gave us all brain freeze. And totchos of course

18 Likes

It’s so hard to update in real time, sorry these keep going all over the place. I lost track of all time after we had our snack at Woody’s. Lightning came into the area and shut slinky dog down. It started raining so we ducked into One Man’s Dream in case of a downpour. We all needed a little break, and this was perfect. My mom loved reading all of the history, and my kids loved being in the ac. We sat on a bench in there for quite a while just people watching. We didn’t go into the film until they announced the third one since we entered, and the cm seemed happy to let us sit on our bench.

Then we headed over to lightning McQueen. My kids were entertained and we got some more sitting time.

I have never done star tours. I know that the scenes change with each ride, but honestly it might be a one and done for me. The most interesting thing to me was the queue, and we just zipped through it with no time to look.

I deserved a wookie cookie for planning such an awesome day for my family. Fyi, they weren’t on the mobile order app, but we went inside anyway to get water and they were on the menu inside. Apparently you have to order them in person right now.

Also got Gertie ice cream for the ones who don’t like the wookie cookie. DD11 said “it’s not my favorite soft serve ice cream, but it’s certainly my favorite soft serve from a dinosaur!” She loved finding the dino foot prints.

Dd7 went to build a droid with DH. My mom still needed some AC and a seat- this Florida heat is no joke! So we watched muppets 3d again. She loves the Muppets. We watched them all the time growing up, so I think it’s nostalgic for her. It’s the only thing she asked to do a second time.

We waved to mickey and Minnie after buying yet another stuffed animal :smirk:

Went to Potato Land

Smuggled some coaxium (spelling?)

And our final ride (because it went down the first time we tried to ride it) was sdd. It went down again while we were in line for technical problems, but we waited it out and got to ride it after not too long. I think we waited an hour total with the delay included. We missed our sci-fi reservation, but the cast member at the restaurant was understanding and cancelled it without the fee for us. Lesson learned here was to show up even after the window was passed and explain. They said they could seat us if we wanted, but at that point the family just wanted to watch the animation projection thing and be done.

We are all so exhausted. I think the only thing we didn’t do in the park was AS2, which we did so many times in December that no one cared. And frozen sing along. It was a lot.

Tomorrow we spend the day at ft wilderness! We have a campsite reserved, and we have a tent and bedding, the idea was that we’d give my mom a break and let her stay at the condo while we camped a night. The kids loved ft wilderness so much when we stayed in December, it made sense at the time. I think we have reevaluated that plan, and we won’t be staying the night- too hot, and too tired! We will be horseback riding and other things throughout the day though. Maybe we’ll still take the tent, just in case.

Edited because autocorrect is hilarious

18 Likes

Horseback riding at the fort! What a relaxing addition to a Disney vacation!

16 Likes

horray it’s sooooo good!

Horseback riding is so much fun at Disney. It was many years of visiting before we started venturing out to do add-on experiences like that. It’s so worth it. Not only does it make the trip more memorable, it helps to reduce the do-it-all-today-no-matter-what mentality.

2 Likes

Pool time! And of course it started raining. No lightning, so we’re swimming in the rain. This seems to be a trend with us at Disney.

14 Likes

It really does! It’s just so nice to take a break and have some nature.

2 Likes

This happened to us last week at Coronado-it was so awesome! Nearly everybody left the pool area, and we stayed to keep swimming, enjoy the hot tub, and ate lunch poolside. :blush:

2 Likes

This is so fun!! What a perfect day after the marathon at HS yesterday!

1 Like

Dinner at whispering canyon.

DD7 refused to eat anything on the platter this time. We had to order her Mac n cheese (because of course) and paid $16 for ordering the platter and $5 for her Mac n cheese. I should have known better and just had her order one of the kids entrees instead of the skillet. Because of all her throat and mouth surgeries, we kind of let her be a picky eater because textures can be really hard for her.maybe we’ve created a monster

Things actually went downhill from here. The kids were being BAD. I was embarrassed. I had to leave the meal early with dd7. We decided to take the tent down and not even try camping, they are obviously not up for it. They are usually good kids. Now we have to figure out our plan for getting to MK tomorrow because we were going to take the boat from the fort for RD and meet my mom a bit after. Now we’ll all be driving and can either all drive to ttc or to ft wilderness and take the boat from there. I’m leaning towards TTC so we don’t have to deal with a bus, but coming from ft wilderness might be less peopley

10 Likes