American Idol closure accelerated to 8/3014

Attractions is reporting that American Idol closure has been moved from the end of the year to the end of the month. Combine that with the news of AFI and memorabilia store closure, something has to be happening soon.

1 Like

Wonder if there might be an announcement at D23?

1 Like

Oooooo - sounds promising. Maybe a permanent location for Oakens and the sing-a-long ? I’m reaching…I was hoping for some Frozen fun in October. :wink:

A popular rumor/thought on some other boards (actually stated as “fact” by some) is that the Frozen Sing-a-long will relocated there. Hand-in-hand is the idea that JTA will move indoors to the Premier Theater (where sing-a-long now is). Of course none of this is confirmed by Disney yet, so it’s all still in the rumor stage…

Many are speculating that there might be a SW land announcement for both DLR and WDW at D23. My guess it that it will be little more than a “tease” so they can have a big stand-alone media event for the detailed announcement…

1 Like

Oops. One thing I keep saying I’ll do next trip. When I heard it was closing, I figured I would see it during our September trip. Guess not now!

I really have no problem adding this to the attractions I’ve never and will never seen. It’s in the same category as the TV show. I think we’ll get an announcement at D23, but I don’t think we’ll ever get the really vague yet specific announcements we got for New Fantasyland and Avatar after the flack they got about the speed of construction.

1 Like

Yay… Always thought it was an odd fit for WDW

1 Like

Looks like the Frozen Sing-a-long is getting FPP on 9/2. Let’s all guess where?

1 Like

Haha!!!