Am I brave enough?

… to use Priceline and Hotel Canary to find a room on site for our arrival night? On chat, someone got the Swan in August for US $91. What if I get the Dodo?:confused:

I wouldn’t be but I reckon you might be.

Just read the fine print. Make sure you know what type of room you’re getting, for the correct number of people, vs. how much it would cost through Marriott. Be sure they include the resort fee.

Priceline failed to disclose to me a per-person upcharge that was included in the quote I got from Disney- that was the entire “savings” from Priceline. Which I would have had to pay once I got to the resort- over $100 a night extra.

Mousesavers says this is generally the case with Priceline (that you don’t save any money) and you have to be careful with them.

On the other hand, it was easy to cancel and they didn’t charge me anything for the cancellation, so perhaps you don’t have anything to lose by jumping on the offer and then sorting through it. I don’t think there are any Dodo rooms at Swan!

Backside of Magic had a recent episode about how you could identify with decent certainty Priceline hotels in the Disney area based on description, stars, rating count, and some other data.

It’s one night. I say go for it.

Yes did you know that all of the data was provided by none other than the famous fellow liner @JJT (Homeric Author)?! Way to go @JJT!

I just wasted a good 45 minutes playing with Hotel Canary. I would use that tool and book in a heartbeat.

Yes you are brave enough, but if where you are the first night is important, then I think you will happier paying the difference for peace of mind.

As encouragement to your original question, here is a quote from Winnie the Pooh:

“You are braver than you believe , stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.” - Christopher Robin

But, if it doesn’t turn out how you hope, then here is another quote:

“Oh, bother.” - Winnie the Pooh