Am I a member, or not?

That will probably be faster huh? Good call!

Didn’t you buy the AP on the phone already?

I was talking about activating it… buying it over the phone doesn’t seem to be an issue. Just takes a few phone calls. The really issue is whether or not they require you to show the blue card in person at the gate.

From my understand it’s the same people at the ticket booth that would either activate one and/or sell a new one so if they are going to require a blue card I don’t think it would matter! But there have definitely been a lot of reports that ticket booth people just need the white card. I’m just hoping things don’t tighten up by December!

I’m about 20 minutes into an under 60 minute wait to give this a shot, but I did find the official language that we all pretty much knew, but this is the first time I’ve seen it definitively spelled out.

† To purchase the Disney Sorcerer Pass, Disney Vacation Club Members must be eligible for Membership Extras. Membership Extras are incidental benefits - these offers are
subject to availability, change or termination and may require a fee. General terms and conditions of this program are in the “Membership Extras Acknowledgment and
Disclosure Statement.” Program terms and conditions are subject to change without notice.

2 Likes

able to buy them?

I’ve been meaning to reply here! Did you call member services or the regular ticket line? I’ve tried the regular ticket line twice and had to give up after 2+ hours on hold!

1 Like

When I called to convert our 9-day hoppers to Sorcerer’s AP I waited 3.5 hours on hold (hold music in the background while I did other stuff). I was told that while Member Services normally prefer to take care of such things themselves, the conversion was a little trickier and Member Services were sending everyone to AP ticketing. I called ticketing first because I didn’t want to wait on hold with them only to be told to call another line.

My experience doesn’t give you much other help though since we are blue-card DVC members, and we were converting rather than buying new.

Good Luck!

1 Like

Thank you! I am actually converting a 2-day PH so I will keep on plugging away at the ticketing number!

1 Like

Except when you don’t. I was able to enter my driver license information online and was verified electronically. As was another member of my family. I went through the turnstiles without seeing a ticket booth or guest services.

Another dead end for this afternoon! I called the ticketing line but this time it asked if I was a DVC member and I think it transferred me to Member Services. The woman was nice and seemed like she was going to make it happen but suddenly she said she couldn’t do it because my original ticket was bought through a TA and not MS?? At least this time I only waited 17 minutes!

2 Likes

Call #2 (hold time 36 minutes) has resulted in a call back request for 71-73 minutes which I guarantee will obviously come precisely at 4:15 during my scheduled parent/teacher conference. Do they try you again if you don’t answer the first time?

1 Like

IDK.

Of course it came in then. :frowning:

Oh wait. 4:15 hasn’t happened yet.

1 Like

Got the call! Now the question becomes can this get done in 15 minutes… I’m “holding” for the next available cast member.

3 Likes

Oh man…

1 Like

Seems like he knows what he’s doing and my info thankfully populated from my earlier call. :crossed_fingers:

4 Likes

I had to drop :sob: guy was nice and I really thought he could pull it off but he put me on a “brief” hold for 7 minutes so I had to hang up. I shall try again tomorrow!

Conference went well though!

3 Likes

Can you expand more… you were able to activate your pass online? Are you a resale member?

I think he’s a FL resident which is different.

Since the price for passes is the same for DVC owners and Florida residents, and Florida residents are able to validate eligibility online and not have to stop at a ticket booth before first using the pass, I purchased as a Florida resident.

1 Like