Am I a member, or not?

When I renewed my Gold pass I had to show my blue card. This was in August. At first I couldn’t find my card so he suggested I log into my account and find it so he was going to check it one way or another. While he was doing other things I remembered where I put my card and he took it from me to finish the activation.

2 Likes

Yes, that reflects the last increase. Are you pointing out something else?

1 Like

I think we all (or most of us) know what the rules TECHNICALLY say, but what happens in practice often seems very different. Pursuant to this particular discussion, they don’t call the Sorcerer Pass a membership extra explicitly. Also the fact that Disney should know exactly who is/is not eligible for Membership Extras and perhaps NOT send emails advertising them to those who aren’t eligible!

2 Likes

many of us that are eligible don’t get emails either… Blame Disney IT?

1 Like

In the new DVC magazine, the following was given, which confirms what the CM had said…

When I follow the link, it says that I do not have full membership extras benefits, but what I have is the following…

So…three things?

Another thing I noticed on the website was that it seems to imply that membership extras may now be limited based on number of points you own direct.

So, buying direct alone won’t be enough.

I think this is all already known…just providing an evidence trail supporting this all.

1 Like

Ryan, you’re a member, dude. You just got the nosebleed seats vs front row with bar service :wink:

Still a great show worth coming to, worth every penny spent. But the guys down front get just a little more.

1 Like

To be clear, I am not complaining at all. Just pointing to the current details in light of the conversation. There is nothing to suggest in any of that eligibility for the Sorcerer’s pass.

However, if you look at the membership extras benefits, the Sorcerer’s pass is not listed there either. So it makes eligibility based on DVC membership type murky territory. Perhaps this is why the topic has been hit or miss with CMs as to whether they allow it.

My big problem isn’t with whether I am personally eligible or not…it is with the unclear and mixed messages from Disney.

1 Like

I think that has been true for quite some time. Many owners are “grandfathered” in.

2 Likes

just curious- what link did you use- i dont see pool hopping

Disneyvacationclub.com/card

interesting link won’t open- guess I’m not a member

2 Likes

Weird. It isn’t opening for me at the moment.

Disney IT at its finest

1 Like

Pool hopping is suspended and TOTWL isn’t open, and according to some rumours may never reopen. :sob::sob:

So you can rent a DVD…. even though I believe not all DVC rooms have a DVD player anymore. :woman_facepalming:t4:

2 Likes

all-i-got-is-a-rock

8 Likes

Hi! I forgot to ask when your trip is so I can know if this works! I just changed my plane ticket to add a day in Dec so I’m REALLY hopeful it does.

Dec 6 is when I will be going to guest services.

1 Like

Go to a ticket window, instead of GS?

1 Like

Ah, ok I will be right behind you on the 8th! I can’t decide if I try over the phone ahead of time or not.

I didnt realize you could do it over the phone. I thought it had to be done in person.