AM FP in Epcot or FP PM EMH MK?

We are visiting WDW in early August with our older sons age 10-17, doing our first onsite stay although we have been several times offsite. We have never done EMH before but I hear MK evenings with EMH are really crowded. But, we want to experience the late night at MK without paying for DAH for 5 people. So, what I have set up now is FP for MK evening that day at 7DMT, SM and Splash. We plan to RD Epcot that morning without FPs, thinking it will be less crowded and we can get TT and Soarin in early. The boys won’t want to do FEA anyway. We will be at both parks another time so don’t have to do it all in one day. Now I’m starting to second guess this. Am I foolish to schedule those FPs in the evening and not be able to use any at Epcot?

2 Likes

We are going late July/early August and every touring plan we’ve created with a RD at Epcot has actually had us only using 1 of the 3 FP we’ve booked because lines are expected to be short enough to not need the FP on anything but FEA. We have TT, Mission Space, Soaring, Living with the Land, Spaceship Earth and FEA and our TP says we should be done by 11:30 the morning we are going.

1 Like

Keep in mind that Test Track is down at opening on at least 40% of the mornings. Usually because of dew or rain. So TP suggests getting a FP for that for insurance. If you are willing to accept the risk of not getting to TT in the morning(or waiting for it once it comes online), I think the MK fast passes is a solid plan of attack.

I am going Mid August and have also noticed wait times are low for everything at Epcot in the morning on low crowd days. My son really loves Test Track, so I will hopefully get a morning FP for that.

1 Like

That’s a solid plan.

2 Likes

I agree with your plan. Remember, you can use the single rider line at Test Track, and still get to make a car. You can also make the car in the gift shop, then get in the SR line.

2 Likes

If you are lucky enough to already have FPP for 7DMT, Space and Splash - you should definitely keep them. You can do most things at Epcot with minimum waits, especially if you RD.

1 Like

I like this idea. I would FP TT on your other EP day since Soarin is easier to get same day and not down as often. Most of the other rides at Epcot seem like a wasted FP especially if you plan your morning touring well. And then you can hit WS to fill time as needed. I could always use two days worth of FP at MK.

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback everyone! I will stick with the plan then. Good to know Epcot looks to have low waits, and I didn’t realize that TT SRs can design a car in the gift shop!

2 Likes