Already Off the Rails... A Live-ish Trip Report

:laughing:

@eeeevah I second @Jeff_AZ’s solution - book somewhere cheaper nearby and still show up at AKL early!

How long are you staying? Will you be there when we are next Friday - Sunday?

5 Likes

Well, that didn’t work.
Try again

4 Likes

Great to have a trip. Bummer about the train wreck wrecking havoc.

train

5 Likes

Safe travels!!
Have ALL THE FUN!!!

2 Likes

I look forward to hearing what you choo-choo-choose to do.

12 Likes

Update: the idea of leaving today was really enticing. Unfortunately I had initially planned on using today/tonight for all the last minute packing and preparations and after spending all too long dealing with the initial news of cancelation this morning, I was just too far behind to make it work. So we’re off in the morning. Car is all packed and I’ve run out of steam for tonight.

Stay tuned for tales from the road and send positive vibes that the traffic gods are kind and the children remain mellow.

12 Likes

Yes! We leave Saturday morning after breakfast at Topolino’s. We’re in MK Friday. I think you’re elsewhere that day, no?!

1 Like

Yeah, we’re at HS. After arriving on a red-eye at 6:30 am! :crazy_face:

2 Likes

I am so excited to follow along on your trip! We drove once to Disney from PA. Yeah, I decided that I can’t do that. Our lovely @ezed62 always (well almost always) drives. I hope that it goes well and that kiddos don’t “drive” you crazy!

5 Likes

Shooting for a 6am departure. 6:10 and still waiting for DH to finish his house checks. Might need to rethink my rope drop rallying strategy…

31 Likes

They look ready to go! I see they are hitting the snacks already :joy:. Sorry for the changes in plans. Safe travels. Best wishes for lite traffic.

4 Likes

Adorable…hope that they still look that way in a few hours!!!

1 Like

They are READY!!! You are going to rock this road trip!

1 Like

They are so ready for disney!!! Just like my daughter, already into the snacks! LOL

1 Like

The 15 minute delay was because DH was looking for a shirt he wanted to bring…when he came out to the car I suggested perhaps he had already packed it…yep, it was in there. :woman_facepalming:t2: Non-planners, amiright?!

15 Likes

I would be going mad!

2 Likes

CHECK LISTS! THIS IS WHY WE HAVE THEM!

17 Likes

Ready to Rock & Roll!!
Hope the drive is relatively painless and the traffic is kind.
Great photo!!!

1 Like

Stopped just south of Richmond for some lunch. About halfway to savannah now.

Notice how none of them could keep their eyes open for the pic?! That’s a common theme right now.

18 Likes