All Star preferences?

It looks like DS11 and I might be able to take a week long trip in August before school starts. When our whole family has gone before, we have either stayed at CR or POR. DS and I definitely like to rope drop and maximize our time at the parks, so I’m thinking of staying value resort this time because we won’t be at the resort a lot and would use it just to rest and refuel. He’s still at a young enough age that I think he’d enjoy the “larger than life” decor at the all stars. So, anyone have experience and recommendations for which one? Thanks! Any info is appreciated!

1 Like

They are refurbing them to look like Pop. I think Movies is done and they have started on Music, which would likely be done or close by August I would think. Sports is up next but don’t know the timeline so I’d pick Movies or Music based on theme as they are located adjacent to each other.

You can almost tell by pricing :wink: Whichever one is NOT done seems to be the lowest at a given time.

3 Likes

This is correct

Well, I did a quick price check for all three. I chose a preferred room for each resort. There is only a $21 difference among all three, and surprisingly ASMovies is the least expensive and ASMusic is the most.

Does anyone know if all three are typically included in any discounts? I think it was around this time last year that free dining packages were made available for late summer, but we stayed at POR for that and I didn’t look at all the All Stars then.

I’ve stayed at Sports and Movies and have loved both. Movies seems more Disney to me. We are planing 2 more trips and I can’t see spending twice as much on other resorts. Me and DW are both Pooh sized and are very comfortable in these rooms even with 2 ECVs in the room with us. I have not been disappointed with the buses and with 2 ECVs busing is our only option. By staying at the All Stars I shave $100 or more a night and can use that for other things or even a longer stay.

We enjoyed Sports a lot and we aren’t even interested in sports at all.

2 Likes

It is good to hear positive thoughts about these resorts, especially concerning the buses. Thanks for the input!

I’ve stayed at Music 3 times now and like it a lot. I always pay for the preferred room so that I am close to everything. It is definitely not the Poly but the beds are good and the shower is fine. Wifi can be a bit dicey sometimes. I think they are fixing this when they renovate rooms.

1 Like

Do you ever request a specific building with the preferred rooms? My main request would be whichever building/room is closest walk to transportation-any suggestions?

Yes, by paying for a preferred room I put myself closest to the buses and other amenities like the food court. Otherwise you are guaranteed the back of the beyond no matter what you request. I also request an accessible room so that I don’t trip on the tub when taking a shower. I have put in room requests for specific areas at other resorts and they have always been honored. This time I am using the Touring Plans room request feature and am waiting to see how that works out.

1 Like

If staying at sports you DONT want a room facing the football field. Many loud kids running around until 10pm when we stayed there. Would have asked to switch rooms but we had connecting rooms and had no guarantee of getting that elsewhere after arrival. Otherwise it was perfect for our purposes which was mostly sleeping. Planning to check out Movies or Music in June too!

2 Likes

Another question-are any of the All Stars typically excluded from discounts? I recall around this time last year “free” dining and room discounts were offered, and I would love to take advantage of one of those for late summer if offered again. Just curious if they are usually all included or just one or two of the all stars…

Last year, Movies was excluded from free dining. We were considering staying there due to the Toy Story presence but had to choose differently for the promo.

I’m a day early. I mean 2019.

That’s what I was thinking…movies is definitely my first choice because of theming and renovations, but if we can get a room discount or free dining then we’ll go where that is being offered.

We’ve stayed at Sports twice in Surfs Up building 1 and loved it! Sports is also the first bus stop picked up & dropped off. It’s only about a 5-7 minute walk over to Movies to check out all the cute icons cutting through the parking lot & thru Music, too. If you stay at one All Star, you can use any pool at any All Star, so you get 6 pools & 3 food courts to choose from. We love the All Stars :)!

Thanks and welcome! This is great information to know!

Last year we stayed at Movies and they did offer discounts, that’s why we went back. They had a room only discount I think it was 35% off or maybe 25%. That discount did not come out till late January or February. I book and only had around 160 to make ADR’s. Then around April or May they offered a dinning discount that was good at all the All Stars but my original discount was better. I saved about $300 more with the room only discount.

1 Like

:rotating_light: 2020 Disney World FREE Dining Now Available :rotating_light:

:round_pushpin: Valid For Arrivals Most Nights: June 27 through 28, July 5 through 7, and August 29 through September 8, 2020.

:round_pushpin: Must Book Through: Jan. 16, 2020

:black_small_square:Guests at participating Deluxe & Deluxe Villa Hotels will receive the Disney Dining Plan. Guests at participating Moderate & Value hotels will receive the Quick Service Plan.

:black_small_square:Length of stay requirement: Must buy a non-discounted 5-night/6-day package that includes a room at a select Disney Value Resort hotel and includes theme park tickets with the park hopper option.
I just saw this on FB and thought I would share.

1 Like