All Star Music Resort

For those of you that have stayed at All-Star Music Resort, tell me about it. Did you like it? How does it compare to POP? Anything really special about it? Thank you!

Sorry I’ve never stayed value before.

Cannot remark on this resort yet, I will be there in 71 days. Have done POR and POFQ before, saving a decent amount of money by going value this time.

Have stayed at Music twice. First time we stayed after convincing DW that staying in a Value on property would be better than staying off property just to save money. We had always stayed at FW Campgrounds before and loved it. We were warned that we might not like Music because the rooms were on the small side. I must admit that I was pleasantly surprised.There were many small Disney touches that we appreciated. The rooms are compact, but we don’t spend much time there anyway. We stayed in the back pretty far from the front desk and bus stops, but the pool was right there and so was the parking lot.
Just this last May we went with a larger 2 family group and had 4 rooms which were all on the back side of one of the back buildings overlooking the woods. Worked out very well for a group more concerned with cost than lots of amenities and stiil had the magic and pixie dust of being on property AND the cost averaged less tan $100 per night!

Stayed at AS Music ages ago and visited it recently for the day doing research. I’d have no problem staying there again if I was going to stay at a Value resort. It’s on par with Pop, although I do like the food court better at Pop, so I’d be more likely to stay at Pop if I were dining at the resort (although I’d probably walk over to AoA for meals there which are awesome).

I’ve stayed at music and sports. I’m a complete snob about many things, but not really hotels. If they are clean and comfortable, I’m good. The all stars meet that for the most part. They are as well maintained as any hotel. The staff is all friendly. The grounds and pool are attractive. The food court was fine, though it’s a good court so don’t go with super high expectations. The only real complaint came from the foldaway beds in the suite. Those are horrendous, really not fit for an adult to sleep on. I’ve said before that if my only option was to sleep on those, I just wouldn’t go back. The regular beds, however, are completely normal and comfortable. So if you’re doing a regular room you have nothing to worry about. I’ve heard others complain about noise, but that was not an issue for us. It is more likely to be hosting large groups of kids, but if you’re going in the fall, that seems much less likely.

Music is just fine. Clean, great staff. No complaints. Would stay there again. Stay there January 2012. Never stayed at POP so can’t compare. Pay the little extra to have a preferred room so you are closer to the lobby and busses. Not sure when you are traveling, but the Music food court
Is being referbished right now.

If you’re going to stay in a value, and it’s not POP, Music is a nice place to stay, the courtyard area is pretty romantic looking at night. I haven’t seen as many tour groups staying there. It’s a decent cheaper place to stay on property.

What draws you to the All Star music resort?

Thanks everyone!

Rooms are pretty much the same as Pop and all the other Value resorts, just different decor. They’re all small, but if you’re comfortable with one Value resort, then that doesn’t make much difference. The grounds are probably a little more pleasant to walk around than the other All-Star resorts, particularly around the Jazz section. Bus service to the parks is often shared with the other All-Star resorts, though usually not when returning from the parks at the end of the day (at least, not during busy times).