Alcohol Question (Please don't judge!)

Going for a quick adults only trip (no car, staying at ASMo and taking DME) and trying to figure out the best way to acquire liquor for our room for late night cocktails (and also a case of water). Should be arriving at hotel around 10:30am this Sunday. Was planning to have Instacart deliver, but the earliest delivery time (I’m assuming because it’s a Sunday) is not until 2pm and planning to be at Epcot by then for FPPs. Everything I’ve read says we have to be at the hotel, they won’t leave alcohol with bell services.
Duty free store after security at Logan is not open early enough to buy and take on flight (and not checking any bags).
What is the best solution- would it be to uber to/from the liquor store (where is the closest?) once we get to hotel and then meet up with the rest of the group at the park?
Does anyone else have any other ideas?

1 Like

Sorry could not pass up a joke.

With that said worst case they sell Alcohol in the gift shops and the food court. Also last year we were on the DDP and you get a free mug for soda and coffee. So when we ate lunch I got a beer and a free soda drank the soda and took the beer back for latter.

2 Likes

This made me smile☺.

We’re looking for a BIG bottle of Tito’s :grimacing::crazy_face:

We ordered lager from Garden Grocer, but I don’t know if they do spirits. Could you buy stuff at the airport?

From what I can tell, Garden Grocer doesn’t have hard liquor and my google search doesn’t show that MCO has any stores that sell liquor. Hoping someone can tell me otherwise :joy:

Have you tried drizly.com?

No, I haven’t heard of that… what is it?

They deliver booze from local stores. Just select what you want and enter the address you want it delivered to, and it will show you which stores have it available and how much it is. There is a delivery charge on top. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thank you, I’ll look into it!

Earliest delivery for this on Sunday is 12-1p, so back to the drawing board!

Why don’t you bring it in your checked luggage ?

1 Like

Not checking any luggage. Thought about paying for a bag simply to do this, but also need a case of bottled water and some juice as well.

The water and juice should be easy to find at destination but for the big bottle, I might do the checked bag !!! I need my grownup liquid food !!! :rofl::rofl::rofl:

And I totally judge you… :crazy_face:

2 Likes

We did Lyft to a liquor store.

1 Like

For bottled water, we used Prime Now.

1 Like

I think we’re going with that plan- Prime Now the water, and uber to the liquor store.
Thanks everyone :grinning:

1 Like

I went to walmart, they have a liquor store attached and the prices are right. the liquor in the gift shops is limited selection. But you wont have a car so I would say just uber it… it cant be that much and you can get your water and some other stuff. I absolutely love the walmart off of the 192, they have tons of disney stuff too! We got really good disney ponchos for only 4$ ( Probably 20 at the park)

1 Like

oh and trust me no judgement here!! I was not about to drink jose cuervo tequila, I had to go get me some decent tequila!!

1 Like

Don’t forget cups and any other complimentary items - lemons, limes, a knife, a shaker.:cocktail:

2 Likes