AKL Value/Standard help

I can rent an AKL value studio (sleeps 4), AKL value studio (says sleeps 5?), or AKL standard studio for the same price. What are the pros/cons of each? Just one night to bridge to a longer stay, and we will have 2 adults, 5yo, 1yo (crib).

Value rooms are slightly smaller in size, but I really liked their location. I was in 5016 last month which is a value overlooking the pool. It was very quiet even being over the pool.

2 Likes

Is the value studio a confirmed rental or one they are going to try to match you with someone to get? If itnis not confirmed then I would just do standard because those value studios are impossible to get even for AKL DVC ow ers at 11 months.

I think it would just be easier and quicker to go for the standard.

4 Likes

It’s a confirmed rental through DVC Shop so I assume the value has been booked. That’s a good point.

3 Likes

Great, I defer to @LTinNC82’s advice as I haven’t stayed in either, I just know the values are tough to get!

2 Likes

That’s who I booked my stay through. No issues.

1 Like

We’ve stayed in an AKL value studio several times, 2 adults, 2 daughters (even when they were teens). It was tight when they were older but still more room than a value resort I think. It would definitely be fine with your young kids. I also just had a DVC Shop one night confirmed reservation stay at Poly. No issues booking with them and I would again. They are running some promos right now and I’ve been looking at some stays myself.

Hi. I see you have used DVC Shop Rentals? Did everything go well with them? They have a BWV confirmed rental I might want to book. Thanks for any advice (I have rented points before, just with DVC Rental Store).

2 Likes

I’ve bought confirmed rentals from them three times and had no issues. I had to later add a guest to 1 reservation and they were able to do that easily at no charge. They did say if there were any other changes it would incur I think it was a $50 fee. No issues linking to MDE or during the stays and they were very quick to communicate.

2 Likes

Thank you!

2 Likes

I’ve used them a few times too for confirmed reservations and they were great!

2 Likes

Good to hear! I can’t decide whether it is worth it, it’s a good deal compared to Disney’s price, but still more expensive than staying at the Dolphin even with the resort fee, extra adult, and rollaway.

1 Like