AKL reopening

So much news today!!! This one makes me happy. :heart:

20 Likes

AHHHHH. It’s reopening during my trip! And the second of my two AK park reservations is…AUGUST 26!!! :dancer:t2:

C’mon BOMA!!!

7 Likes

I am having serious thoughts about trying to switch my reservation to AKL. I know it will be a massive hassle, but I just miss it SO much!!!

7 Likes

Hooray!!!

2 Likes

Hmm. Might have to add a couple nights to our trip and do a split stay. BLT-BCV-AKL

2 Likes

Wait. Wasn’t it you who said she didn’t love it there and wouldn’t stay again???

I’m confused!

1 Like

We did this split stay in reverse and it was lovely. :slight_smile: I’m actually glad we did AKL first since the rooms there were the least spacious / luxurious and BLT was the most. But they were all awesome and had their perks.

2 Likes

Ok it was you.

With the caveat of “only on a split stay”

3 Likes

I don’t think I would stay there again but this means they’ve gotta open some dining!!! Yayyyyy!!! Patiently waiting on the PO resorts.

1 Like

I am fan girl screaming happy shrieks!!! I’m so EXCITED!!

3 Likes

I’m so glad I’m not the only one fan girl shrieking about stuff today!!! :heart::heart::heart:

3 Likes

I definitely shrieked about AKL.

2 Likes

I do hope that Boma opens by late August… it is one of our favorites.

5 Likes

I love AKL. Just don’t want to stay there the entire time. Split stay works. I get best of both.

Even thought about purchasing DVC there. Transportation is the issue for us. It will be easier if Minnie Vans come back or my kids are out of car seats. Avoid the buses.

1 Like

I saw a report from somebody who was over at Jambo House today who saw activity in Boma and in Jahari Treasures. Hopefully that means they’re getting ready to open sooner rather than later.

7 Likes

That is excellent news.
I’ve never been to AKL but have wanted to check out Boma for a couple of decades.
(And I have a studio booked at Jambo next May)

1 Like

They have to open up at least boma. The food situation there is terrible with just the mara even for the small number of dvc rooms. No way could the hotel function without another restaurant.
Jiko might take longer, bc many of the signature restaurants are still closed.

5 Likes

Changed my pre-Wish August 2022 cruise stay from Poly to AKL!! Cannot wait!!

I did ponder changing my birthday trip to late August for AKL and theoretically lower crowds (and Boo Bash), but ultimately I would rather be there OVER my birthday. I think. Lol.

3 Likes