AKL or Jambo Villa?

So, after finding out the Disney decided to leave CR out of free dining AND reduce the room discount to just 15%, DH and I made the decision (not easily) to change our hotel. Although we were really looking forward to the convenience of having the monorail right there and being able to walk to MK, we just couldn’t overlook the savings we’d get if we considered another resort.
We have settled on AKL but can’t decide if it’s better to stay at the lodge or the deluxe studio @ Jambo. Anyone have experience with either of these options? It’s just the 2 of us so, we don’t need bunk beds or extra room for kiddos. The cost for Jambo is about $200.00 less, which I don’t understand at all. Hoping y’all have some feedback for me. :slight_smile: Thanks everyone!

Jambo and AKL are the same building. The room type will be different (standard room vs studio) unless it is Kidani?

1 Like

We are staying at AKL in June, so I can’t yet speak from experience, but I’m confused when you say should you stay “in the lodge” or studio@Jambo. Jambo House is the name for the primary Lodge. Maybe you meant studio @ Kidani Village. You can find all sorts of people weighing in on the merits of each. We went with Kadani for reasons that don’t apply to you (primarily kid-related). Given that people like both, and they are both so close to each other, why not go with the cheaper one and call it a win!

1 Like

@PrincipalTinker we weren’t looking at Kidani. So I guess I need to compare standard vs studio rooms to determine what fits us best. Thanks for the help! :slight_smile:

1 Like

@Spring_Green well, when looking at booking options, there were 3 choices - AKL; Jambo and then Kidani Village. Given that I’m pretty much a newbie (only been to WDW once 2 years ago), I guess I thought they were separate from each other somehow. Sorry for the confusion. I like your suggestion about taking the cheaper option since there doesn’t seem to be much difference overall. Thank you!!

I remember when I first booked AKL I did not know if I was staying at Jambo or Kidani! I would book whatever is cheapest but there will be different bed options in the studio. There are only two of you? I can recommmend some great standard view regular rooms if that is what you book. You will love AKL! It has some of the best fine dining (Jiko) and QS (Mara) plus giraffes !

3 Likes

@PrincipalTinker I will take any recommendations you have! And yes, just the 2 of us (one of the few perks of being empty nesters) LOL Thanks again - I absolutely love TP and how nice everyone is! <3

I personally would prefer Jambo for the convenience of nearly all restaurants. But as mentioned, bed options may differ at Kidani and many prefer the serenity there. AKL in general is a refuge from park chaos but Kidani is even more quiet.

1 Like

I think @OBNurseNH and I may be influenced by our passion for AKL. Jambo standard rooms: 3214-3238 ( lobby floor) or 4214-4238 ( one floor up) both wings are standard view- partial savannah. Here are some photos.

These are all from 4238 and 4218. Somehow I request those rooms using the TP fax and get the same room.

3 Likes

I’ve stayed at both. Pros and cons to both. Personally, I preferred Jambo because of the activity that is going on there. As @OBNurseNH mentioned, Kidani is quiet. Not a little quiet…very, very quiet. Now, if that is a goal of the trip, that’s great. It made me feel rather isolated.

Both resorts are sprawing. If you are going to have a car, I’d actually lean more towards Kidani as they have parking beneath the building that is easily accessible from wherever your room ends up being.

If you don’t think you’ll need a kitchenette and prefer the straight up hotel room, go for the standard room at Jambo.

You will love AKL no matter which you choose, it’s impossible not to!

1 Like

WOW! Amazing pictures - thank you for sharing. It’s settled…I will look at booking @ Jambo today. :slight_smile:

*update - I just logged in to see what changes I could make - only thing left using room discount was a villa - deluxe studio savanna view. I grabbed it while I could based on what’s currently available compared to what I was finding yesterday. So we are all set for AKL and I am over the moon excited!!

4 Likes

Kidani or Jambo?

Jambo. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Yay! You have to try the Mara for lunch!

3 Likes

You helped me last year with my room requests. Thank you! Fell in love with AKL, going back this year with all the grandparents. Can’t wait for them to see the hotel. It’s so amazing.

2 Likes

There is not other resort quite like it!

2 Likes

I think we are going to try and have lunch there on our first day. Thank you again for all of your suggestions and help!

2 Likes

Ok joining in … going in October and booked a studio at Kidani. When we booked there wasn’t anything showing up available at AKL but now there is. Just two adults this trip. If the price was the same, would you keep your Kidani reservation or switch to AKL? Neither has savannah views available at that time (in our budget) so that’s not a consideration. I’ve never stayed at either but have eaten at Boma and loved the atmosphere of the whole place. Opinions?

Do you love Boma and Jambo House? Is a QS option important to you? Is it a DVC room in Jambo too?