AKL Kidani Studio space

In a studio at AKL-Kidani, is there space for an air mattress (preferably not in the bathroom)? Our kids would prefer to have separate sleeping surfaces, and I’d prefer not to sleep on a pull-out couch! I did not think about this when booking.

Another question: Are there any areas that are more giraffe-friendly? I love giraffes. I stayed at AKL-Jambo one time and only saw flamingoes and cattle. I know, these are certainly FWP!

1 Like

These are pics from my room last November. You may be able to fit a small one between the end of the pullout and the table & chairs, but it would be tight.

4 Likes

My suggestion would be put those chairs on the balcony. The table goes into the corner, the coffee table goes between the pullout and the queen. Then there should be a little more wiggle room to put your air mattress down.

2 Likes

Thanks for the pictures. It does not look like a lot of extra space. Perhaps moving the table/chairs will free up enough space for a 38" wide twin air mattress. Hmmm–or he could just sleep in the bathtub/shower :woman_shrugging:

I would be afraid Disney would balk at the chairs on the balcony since they are not meant to be outdoor furniture and could be ruined with rain.

1 Like

Really wish these had the pull-down too. We will find a way to make it work.

2 Likes

The CMs put food down all around the grounds to lure the animals into all areas for guest viewing. I don’t know if there is a best area for giraffes. When we stayed there seemed to be more giraffes nearer to the lobby

1 Like

We requested 2nd floor near the lobby. Fantastic giraffe viewing! That being said any room in the large savanna will have giraffes at some point. Try to avoid the Pembe savanna as there are no giraffes or large animals there. It’s still cool but disappointing if you really want giraffes and zebras.

An air mattress will be tight unless you don’t unfold the couch bed. My daughter usually just sleeps on the couch.

5 Likes

I had not thought about not unfolding the bed. That might work too if the couch is long enough.

100% agree with this.

1 Like

My daughter is not quite 5’1”, so the couch is plenty long. But I could see that being an issue if your kids are tall!

2 Likes