AKL - Advice on which standard room to request please

Hi all,

Our trip is fast approaching and I wondered if anyone could give me their views on which standard room to request at the Animal Kingdom Lodge?

This will be our 3rd trip staying onsite but our first time at AKL. There will 4 of us, me, DD15, DD13 and DD9. We would like to be close to the lobby/transport (we will not be hiring a car).

I was looking at Giraffe Trail - would this be closest to the buses and the lobby? We are so excited to be staying at AKL!

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

I like 4216-4238 (one floor up from lobby) or 3216-3238 (lobby level) . Here are some pictures of 4218 and 4238

1 Like

We stayed giraffe trail in April. Was initially disappointed with the room but soon realized how close it was to EVERYTHING (pool, Mara, buses, lobby) and fell in love with it for standard. It is literally steps away from buses, which was ideal after a long day touring. And it is a small wing so it is VERY quiet. No animals there but viewing areas are not far either.

Here is a link to my review of our roomon Giraffe trail:

1 Like

Thanks for your replies. I will have a look at both later on and read your review @OBNurseNH when I am on a different device. Much appreciated.

2 Likes

Just wanted to say a big thank you again for your suggestions. We ended up in standard room 4112 which was a wonderful room. Close to the lobby but with a view of the animals (including giraffes) most nights. We absolutely loved AKL and hope to go back there sometime. What a truly magical resort!

2 Likes