We’re trying to narrow down our ADR’s and I was hoping to get some feedback on dinner at Akershus and 1900 Park Fare. They are both buffets, correct? Which has better food (as far as adults are concerned)? We are a family of 2 adults and an 8 year old girl. Any pros and cons for either? How long do the character interactions go on? Thanks in advance!!!
Breakfast or dinner?
I’m inclined to lean toward 1900 either way. We enjoyed a great dinner there with some of the best character interaction we’ve experienced in the World
I loved the dinner at 1900 Park Fare. The buffet is typical Disney buffet food but the Stepsisters make the experience unforgettable. The two we had were some of the best character interactions we had during our trip.
Akershus has very Norwegian food for Dinner. That could be a plus or a minus depending. I liked it, the rest of my family not so much. I would take a glance at the menu for each and see if that decides things for you. Both are buffets so I’d think everyone could find something to like at each though…
I would go with 1900 PF. As others have said I only ever see rave reviews about the stepsisters and how much fun everyone has. It’s also much more standard selection. When I think Norwegian food I think picked herring and capers on everything which might be a hard sell for a lot of kids lol. Given the price of either I’d hate to think I paid that much for someone to only eat a place of mac & cheese.
I wouldn’t say that either one is better than the other, but they are very different. Here are the main points:
- Firstly, Akershus is NOT a regular buffet. It’s a prix fixe menu with a cold appetizer buffet and family style desserts, and entrees brought to the table. 1900 Park Fare is a full buffet.
- The food at Akershus is, as mentioned, primarily Norwegian and not really what most Americans are used to eating, though there’s going to be one or two “normal” options. Think more seafood and cheeses, and fruit with meat. 1900 Park Fare has more American type food, and the quality is the best I’ve seen in a dinner buffet anywhere at WDW.
- The locations would be one of my biggest deciding factors (once I knew people would eat $50 worth of food in Norway)… one being in a hotel means that’s a nice break from the parks but it also means it’s a BIG time suck because it means travel time
- The characters available are another big decision maker for lots of people… lots of different princesess, or just Cindy and her entourage. IMO the non-princesses at 1900 PF are more fun, but if your daughter doesn’t care much about Cinderella’s story then she may not get as much out of it. The actual character interactions are about the same… each will visit the table and do an autograph and smile for the camera with each person who wants it (adults included) and sometimes they tell a joke or give a compliment or whatever before moving on. Akershus gives more variety, and has a parade of princesses the kids can be in. 1900 PF has a big royal announcement and dancing.
- Finally, Akershus costs more than 1900 PF.
My DH was leaning in to grab the last breadstick on the buffet when one of the sisters swooped right in, grabbed it, and immediately started chomping on it. DD loved that!!