AK: too many shows and trails? Tell me what you like and don't like

When are you going? My kids loved the train and goats even though I think it is stupid.
Also, is there anything you might want to ride more than 1x? We missed a lot of stuff because it poured most of the day, but managed to get some rainy-day fastpasses and thus went on the safari 3x. They run it even in heavy rain! I loved getting to see more of the safari and may plan to try for 2x on it next trip. Triceratop Spin was closed for rain but we rode Dumbo multiple times and I expect we could have ridden that one multiple times, too.

Just added it! Thanks for telling me about that. When I added it to my plan, it said to start it at 6:45. Is it something we can get when we first get to the park and just complete things as we do our Touring Plan? Or does it need its own chunk of time?

I believe the train is down while we are there. (end of May/early June)

It’s a scavenging hunt, with stickers to be collected throughout the entire park. You need to first get the instructions and the booklet from the discovery island bridge. Get it first thing in the morning because everywhere you go (almost) there is a sticker to collect.

That’s one of these closure that you first are bummed about but in the end it will save you a lot of time… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I think I’m relieved. Pretty sure I’ll be trained out when we leave. #boymom

1 Like

:rofl:

For some reason, my son never really cared about trains…I love him so much… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

They’re listing Planet Watch as reopening “Summer 2019”, so there is a possibility…

My oldest loved them so much we had a DVD that was just trains. No narration. No nothing. Just an hour of train videos. Except at the end, an engineer leaned out of the locomotive window and said “Trains are fascinating and fun. But never, never, play on the railroad tracks.”:flushed:

I mean, that guy scared the living daylights out of me- I don’t think any kid who ever watched that would dare to go near a pair of tracks ever again- maybe not even near a real train at all!

1 Like

Yes, the appeal is that you do the different badges as you do all your touring thruout AK. There are badges to earn on the trails, near the attractions, in the Boneyard. The WE station on the bridge sometimes open later than the park does —10am — but I think you can also get signed up at some of the badge locations if it is not yet open when you are there.

1 Like

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

Check back often for the train since they did announce it will reopen in “summer”

2 Likes

I will say Dinosaur was extremely loud when we went on it with DD8 in 2017. We’ve been on many rides and noisy places, but that is the one ride she refuses to go on ever again because “it hurt her ears”. Even for me (partially deaf in left ear) the volume was a bit much. Hopefully they have turned it down a bit.

3 Likes

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: