AK plan vs intuition

My touring plan for AK has NRJ first and FoP second. Also touring plans doesn’t account for arrival time before park opening that I can find. Historically podcasts and other info suggest going to FoP first, assuming you arrive 1 hour early. What say you?

I assume you are past your 60 day window and did not get FP for either one?
I personally think NRJ is somewhat boring and would always go to FoP first. I’d try and see if I can get on NRJ maybe late in the evening, or try to grab a SDFP if i’m extra lucky.

If you arrive 1 hr prior to Rd and don’t have a FOP FPP (or want to ride twice), then RD FOP, no question.

2 Likes

What Jeremy said…or if you are there for RD & have a FOP FP while most go to Pandora go ride everything else…twice.

2 Likes

This is what we did last trip. We had a FOP FP for late in the day. We arrived 45 min prior to open (at the time, they had everyday EMM at AK) and went to Navi instead. Rode it twice, headed to Everest. Rode it twice, and went to KS for their open at 9. Was on one of the first tucks there as well.

Great start to the day!

1 Like

We were at AK today through the bag check and tapped in 45 min before park opening. Got in the Pandora crowd by 8:20 for a 9:00 park opening. They started moving us at 8:30. We were a bit worried as the line wound all through Pandora, onto the bridge to Africa and then started making a u-turn back to the FOP ride. We thought we had made a terrible mistake. However, we kept moving quickly. The lines inside the ride area were not wrapping around at all, we went straight to the ride and skipped the “lab” area. We were off the ride by 9:10 and rushed to EE for 3 rides in a row. Didn’t ride FOP again as the line was now at 240 min.

1 Like

Jeremy
Riding KS first thing in the morning do you think you saw any more animal activity than later in the day. We have done it mostly in the afternoon.

Last week we rode it both in the morning and afternoon. It was about equal as far as activity. In the morning we had excellent lion action, but in the afternoon there were a lot more giraffes out. You’re pretty much guaranteed to have a good ride any time.

1 Like

We have always done it in the morning so I can’t compare, but we have always found the animals to be active and it a favorite of most of us. We are going to try it in the evening our next trip to see it during a different time.