AK lovers: The Joe Rohde Origin Story

If you love AK like I love AK you probably already listen to the Radio Harambe podcast.

But maybe you don’t.

So I’m here to tell you that you should

But especially this week when Mike and Dave interview the best Imagineer on the planet, Joe Rohde!!

Check it out here or wherever you listen to podcasts

I fairly swooned when I got in the car this afternoon and my podcast feed updated to include this. I’m only halfway through the episode (which is part 1 of 2) and it is awesome!!

15 Likes

Was he honored as a Disney Legend?

I don’t know that he was yet

I tried to look it up last week and I couldn’t find him listed. It surprised me so I questioned if I missed it.

For this round of the Disney legends you have to be in some kind of TV show that’s ending or something stupid like that and not actually be an amazing imagineer responsible for the best park in the entire Disney World as well as two fantastic resorts :roll_eyes:

7 Likes

Yes! I have looked at the current list!

It’s a great advertisement for ABC?

2 Likes

Exactly

2 Likes

He is not a Disney legend yet, which is just wrong

5 Likes

Thank you for the reminder! I saw him post about it last week and forgot to put it in my list. Doing do now :grin:

3 Likes

So awesome! They werent very active during COVID so I got out of the habit of listening to them! Can’t wait to check it out.

2 Likes

Very cool, thanks for the heads up!
I haven’t gotten back to listening their podcasts in awhile…

2 Likes

They haven’t been making a lot and what they have been has not quite been their usual. This is really good though.

But I’m a little bummed they talk about the artwork sale that starts 9/1. I intend to get my hands on that and if they talk about it far and wide well… it will be challenging :rofl:

1 Like

Ok I just saw on their Instagram? That they did this interview AT NOMAD.

I am dead.

10 Likes

What’s the other one?

Aulani and AKL

I guessed AKL. Didn’t know Aulani. (Like a dumbass I guessed the Poly. But that would make Rohde 103.)

3 Likes

Alani is supposed to be his masterpiece. He loves doing historical and cultural research and really trying to honor the cultures he is representing. Apparently many in Hawaii were anxious about the Disneyfication of their culture, but loved the final results.

1 Like

He grew up in Hawaii and was raised in the traditions so I’m not surprised he treated the project with respect

3 Likes

Yeah, following him on instagram I think he attempts to treat everything with respect! Historu, culture, imagination, immersive themed environments, people. I think it is what I like most about him.

2 Likes

He is a truly fascinating person and a very good human.

2 Likes