AK guest services

On our upcoming trip, we need to visit GS on our first park day - which is going to be AK. From what I remember / google, GS are after the tapstiles - I’d like to visit GS and then RD so my question is will I be able to get through the tapstiles early enough to visit GS and then RD (we’re on site), or am I going to have to abandon RD?

GS has a line before tapping in too (at AK)

5 Likes

There is, as @vcka indicated, access to GS before the taps

Here is a screen shot of the entrance area. The red circle surrounds the area where GS is located. The long skinny “building” to the right of that circle is the taps

4 Likes

There is also a GS at Disney Springs. Depending on what your need is, you can also visit them the day before - such as activating an annual pass and getting the hard card.

Great, thanks both. If normal park opening is 8 (with EE 7.30) what time will GS open?

I need it for DAS, which I’m guessing DS won’t do?!

1 Like

No, DAS must be done at the park. Each park has a GS location outside the tapstiles.

2 Likes

That I’m not sure of. It would make sense for it to open before the park does but this is what the page says:

If it were me, I might go on ahead of my group (if you think the group will get there on their own without issues) and arrive by 7. I would hope that they would open between 7-730 for an EE of 730 as guests would potentially need their services before they actually enter the park.

1 Like

You can set up DAS before you go though too:

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/guest-services/disability-access-service/

1 Like

Unfortunately not if you’re in the UK…!

Yes, think I’ll plan for arriving a 7 and hope I can get everyone out… we’ve got a car which makes it easier…

Oh dang I didn’t realize that or that you’re in UK either.

1 Like

Do you have a vpn?

This video shows how you can do it:

Oh that is a great idea! I hadn’t thought about a VPN - I thought there was something more fundamental why they wouldn’t do it! I’ll get one sorted out, thanks!

I hope it works for you. :crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers: