AK FP Question

I’m relatively new here. Been just reading and getting a feel for it, but we’re getting close to vacation time and I’m trying to get my TPs ironed out. There are 8 of us total. Me, my DH, DD11, DS7, my parents, and my sis and BIL. We are heading to AK on 5/14 and will be attending the DAH that night. We have FPs for FOP at 10:20 that day. I was thinking we would not RD this day because of the DAH. So I’d like to get there later in the morning or around lunch time. This FP is also messing up my whole touring plan. We have FPs to EE at 12:35 and the safari at 1:50. I really don’t want to spend the day zig zagging around the park. Should I try to modify the FOP FP for later in the day or even drop it? I’m afraid to drop the FP, even though I’m pretty sure we’ll be able to ride it multiple times during the DAH that night. At least that what I’ve read here and in other places. But you know, things happen. What do you guys think? Here’s the link to my TP for now: https://touringplans.com/plans/print?id=3375998

Thanks!

Do NOT drop it especially if you’re not going to RD (I completely agree with not RD in favor of the late DAH). Your plan should be fine though. Start at FOP and move COUNTERclockwise for the remainder of your touring and you won’t be zig-zagging at all.

1 Like

Manually move dinosaur and primeval whirl up to after FOP. You have a full hour to use your FPP so you have plenty of time buffer even if you have a longer wait at Either of the two attractions which I would not expect. Do discovery island after gorilla falls (no festival of the lion king?? Best show on property!!) and leave oasis where it is as you exit.

What attractions will you do during DAH?

I really wanted to focus on the Pandora ones so we can experience it at night. Also wanted to do Bugs Life and let the kids meet Mickey and Minnie since we don’t plan on doing that at MK.

I’m kicking around Festal of the Lion King. I’ve heard good things. I’ll see what it does adding it!

Thanks for the help! I added Festival of the Lion King and moved the others around. I think it will work! I’ve been stressed about this plan and our HS plan the most! Planning for 8 people who plan on staying together the majority of the time is a lot.

1 Like

You will be able to do EE multiple times during DAH (I did it 6x) and Dinosaur but because the the queue is so long at FoP you will be limited during DAH. I agree with @OBNurseNH.

1 Like

I did FOP three times during DAH. At beginning of the night there was a wait typical of a day-time FPP. This was partly because non-DAH guests were still clearing the SB line. But later in the evening it was a walk-on. One guy rode it many times by running straight from exit to entrance.

2 Likes

When I went they restricted Pandora entrance until 30 minutes after DAH began. I think the rules change every event?

1 Like

When I went they closed the entrance to FOP and NRJ at park close (8pm) and re-opened them at DAH start time (8.30pm). This was not enough to clear the SB line, which took maybe another hour. But DAH people got priority.

2 Likes