AK flight of passage

I’ve watched a few of the FOP RD videos on YouTube and that looks AWFUL. We are visiting late Oct and have no FP for FOP. My plan is to Uber over to AK at the end of our second Epcot day and get in line for FOP 15-20 minutes before park closing, IF we didn’t manage to pick up a FOP FP on our earlier AK day. On our first full AK day, at RD I plan to ride as many other rides as possible while the thousands of you are rushing to queue up for FOP!

We will be trying this. DD16 agreed to RDing our first AK Day because of this video. She’s not into getting up super early usually. Our visit, though, will be 12/24 and there is EMH day that day. We’re hoping it will still work.

2 Likes

Why not try an early RD for FOP - you might get lucky and get a short wait. If it turns out that you’re too far back and the line is too long (once you settle into line I’m guessing a CM can probably give you a rough wait time estimate), you can always get out of the line and revert to the order the touring plan is currently suggesting.

Enjoy FOP! It’s really awesome.

Avatar Flight of Passage Wait Times - Sunday, September 23, 2018.

I’ve been watching reports re hopping on SB for FOP just b4 closing time. This method has worked great for RnR etc for us b4. So far, reports (on Chat I think?) have been not that great.

In other words, the TP chart look pretty spot on, saying 65 mins at 7:45, Of course, 7:55 say could be better,but not hearing that so far.

I’m expecting to have to wait in FOP SB at park closing, but I think it won’t be as annoying to wait for one thing we really want to do at the end of a full day of TP efficiency, right? :thinking::grin:
As opposed to getting up extra early for a galloping herd cattle call to wait at the park entrance THEN wait to enter Pandora THEN wait to ride FOP, while knowing I could be knocking multiple low/no wait rides off my to-do list instead. We shall see.

Ha @julie- what you’re saying is what I’d probably hear my Dd say, who loves here sleep-ins. How that girl can sleep, epic sleeps that one haha.

I forget if you said when you’re going, but maybe by then the stacking (pretend waits posted @end of night) will start working at FOP.

We’re there in 1 week, so we’ll be RDing and EMH morn, couldn’t get any fpps. Traveling w 4 littles, so they work better than alarm clocks. We’re up at 6am around them anyways haha.

We are 4-weeks out, and I hear ya on the teens sleeping in! My 16yo is not the most patient and we are going to AK early in our trip. I am loathe to start him off with an early morning stacked with waits! :exploding_head:

2 Likes

We waited 25 minutes from getting in line to preshow on August 1. We entered the queue five minutes before closing.

2 Likes