Airport hotel for last night?

Trip is end of April (me and DS10). Planning 1 week at YC. Flight leaves at 11AM Thursday morning. In the past DME has picked us up around 7 for this flight. I was thinking of booking an airport hotel the night before our flight to avoid having to leave so early. The issue is that if there are still deluxe hours at MK on Wednesday night (probably would be 10-12), I’d hate to miss out on them. If we went with the airport hotel, we wouldn’t be doing them obviously. So which option should I choose:

1. Book YC for the whole week, maybe do deluxe hours and then leave early Thurs AM (sleep is for the weak!). Is it easy to drop one night off this booking?

2. Stick with original plan, try out the airport hotel

Is there any reason I should be concerned about crazy traffic on the way to the airport that would delay us? We usually go back on a weekend morning and haven’t done a weekday before.

I’d say #1. No need to pack up and unpack again. Go to deluxe hours and stay until they end. Just get up early the next day and head to MCO

2 Likes

We are going to stay at MCO Hyatt R. tomorrow night to avoid having to get up way too early for a 6 am flight out on Monday. I’ll let you know if it’s worth it b/c I’ve never done this before.

2 Likes

For 6 AM there’s no question! Mine is kinda in a grey area I think.

2 Likes

I agree, but I’m also interested in how much of a hassle, or not, it will be to do airline check in etc. coming from this direction instead of driving up to the curb.

1 Like

I bet it will be awesome!

Hm, I can’t get a standard room if I add the extra night at YC (have to get the woods/garden view which is bit more expensive). Maybe that’s a sign. We will have park hoppers and will have plenty of time at MK…

You know what would make this easier Disney? Is it you released the future plans for the deluxe evening hours! I don’t even know if I’m planning for something that exists or not, lol.

1 Like

I’ve stayed at the MCO Hyatt before a cruise. Its a very nice hotel and the rooms are silent, despite being in the airport. Beds were comfy, rooms AC was ice cold if you wanted it. I would 100% do it again. The hotel restaurant also has a decent breakfast, and was not crazy expensive.

I’ll also add that its very central to the TSA checkpoint. We did it at the beginning of a cruise so we got off the plane and then went there, so i’m not sure about airline check in, but i don’t think it should be too bad considering.

2 Likes

I agree the hotel and pool look kinda fun! I have to go to the checkin counter no matter what so that curbside checkin stuff doesn’t factor into the equation for me. It just seems so nice to have a relaxed morning before the flight.

2 Likes

It definitely was that for us, just pre cruise as opposed to pre flight. We had a calm morning sleeping in a little, grabbed breakfast and then grabbed an Uber to Port Canaveral at our leisure.
They even have “day room rates” so you can get a place to relax and use the pool for a few hours before a night flight. Its made the idea of some of the crappy schedule changes a little less stinky.

3 Likes

Final decision (for now) is that I’m doing the airport hotel. Thanks for all the opinions! I’m excited to try it out and see if it’s a good option for future trips too.

2 Likes