Has anyone done this? Would you describe it as educational or just fun?
When we go in December, our DGD will be missing school and we want to do some educational things so we can provide a list to the principal. DGD is 8 years old and I know we won’t have time to do all of these things but hoping for at least one or two (especially in Epcot and AK)
A few of the things I have so far:
- Calculate total mileage and route from home to Orlando for each family
- Keep track of the number of steps walked each day and calculate the mean, median and average steps
- create a food budget before leaving, compare actual to budgeted
- Ride Carousel of Progress and talk about what scene should/will be next
- Kidcot Fun Stop
- Bring a map of the world and find each country we visit on the map
- Behind the Seeds (possibly)
- Wilderness Explorers
Any other ideas those of you with kids would add?