Afternoon "rest" time

I think that plan is very doable. I would go to bed early on the US/IOA day to recharge.

So interesting the different ways people feel about this.
I WANT to go RD to close - but I know I can’t do it - so I take a break, I don’t mind Disney transportation and I think the only time that I waited what I felt was a ‘long’ time for it was going park to park.
First time I went my DS was 13 & it was the second week of August. I have pictures of him & my DH looking like they were melting and basically begging me to go back to the hotel LOL.
In Jan this year wasn’t so hot, but if I went for RD I still took a break - even if it was a bit shorter than in the summer.
I just have a better time if I am there with shorter lines & out of the worst of the heat.

1 Like

That wasn’t our experience in December of 2015. MK access was great between the monorail to and boat back. Buses were solid - think our only bad experience was trying to get to Epcot for an early breakfast ADR and monorailed over only to find the Epcot monorail wasn’t running yet. And that wasn’t really on the GF. I’m sure things change depending on when you’re there and how often you just catch a bus or just miss one and then are facing a long wait, but our viewpoint was the transportation from GF was very good and to MK was great…

1 Like

The boats were actually fine, and least chaotic of all options. Bus to HS was ok, we just waited a while but that happens. Bus seemed like it would never arrive for AK so we needed up Uber-ing. Tried to get a Minnie Van 3 different times and each time it kept “looking” for one and took so long we canceled the request and did a regular lift (this was to Boardwalk for a breakfast res, other resorts etc…). We mistakenly thought there was a bus to Epcot (I personally feel that at th most expensive of all the resorts there should be a bus to all the parks to make transportation on all modes less crowded etc…) but you could only monorail to Epcot which we were not interested in, partly because of the switch at TTC and it seemed every time we waited for the monorail at GF it took forever b/c of delays.

1 Like

I definitely agree!