After xmas advice

Given that your daughter has lots of Disney experience (albeit not WDW) I really think you’re missing out if you don’t do Christmas. There’s so much more to enjoy and some of it is really incredible.

3 Likes

We did Disneyland at Christmas (the week before) about 4 years ago so she would have been 3 and a half. I’m just so scared of crowds of 10 or more!! I have been at an 8 before and did not enjoy myself, at least that middle part of the day, it was like fighting a panic attack just to get the heck out!

Maybe I’ll try and go the next year when I have the first part of winter break. I had actually planned on staying away for this year (not a fan of Star Wars) but I figure she’s turning 8 and not gonna want to be with me all the time for much longer.

Which brings me to another question! How big of deal is them turning 10? How much more expensive does it get?

Thanks everyone, I really appreciate all the feedback and of course this site!

I’ve done 2 trips that went over Christmas, the first was 12/17/16 - 12/27/16 (engagement trip) and the
2nd was 12/19/17 -12-31-17 (honeymoon trip). Both were very enjoyable and the crowds did get big but we didn’t mind. When you are looking at going will be a very busy time, however, you can do it with it being very enjoyable if you make sure to do a few things.

1st - know that you won’t be able to do everything and that it will take longer to get from one place to the other

2nd - you need to get to the parks, especially MK early, as in RD. The will let you get on more rides and do more.

3rd - have a good TP figured out and on paper so you can see it and adjust if you need to. Make your FP for the rides or attractions you must see, if available but also look at what The Unofficial Guide to Walt Disney World suggests and what on here when making your TP suggests for using or not using a FO for it. I’ve found that they are very good at knowing what is a good use or a bad use of a FP. Also don;t forget the single rider lines that they have for some rides. We were able to do Test Track, Frozen Ever After and Soarin all in one day by doing Soarin first thing in the morning, then single rider line for Test Track and used the FP for FEA.

4th - Since you know it will be crowded, enjoy yourself and remember where you are. Know that there will be a lot of people and that even though it is the holidays, some will not be nice. We didn’t let that bother us. The first trip, we went to MK on Christmas. We walked around, well I should say we strolled around and enjoyed ourselves. We were able to do what we had planned for that day without any problems.

5th - You might consider taking a break in the middle of the day and leaving the park or doing a meal. For us, most of our breaks were the table service meals. We would take our time and relax, then after the meal, head back out and have fun.

1 Like