After hours question!

Ok I’m hoping one of the pros here can answer this. Heading to WDW in late August, and finally staying at the Poly. Doing MK on the 24th in order to enjoy the extra evening hours. Here’s where it gets wacky. Park hours are from 9AM to 10PM, and the evening extension is listed till 1AM. I was under the impression that it was only a 2 hour extension. Is this a typo, did I just win the deluxe resort lottery, or will we have to hang out at the TTC for an hour😄? Thanks everyone!

My guess is they are planning on changing the regular hours.

2 Likes

this makes sense many of the august MK hours have pushed to 11pm close now

1 Like

Regular Park hours for MK now say 9AM-11PM on 8/24, so that makes sense that evening hours are 11PM-1AM.

1 Like

Does it have those hours online? In the app it still has 10pm

shows 10pm close on website too!

although… look at park hopper in your image!

1 Like

Ha! Disney IT!

3 Likes

For our upcoming trip, MK starts closing at 10 on August 3. We have extended hours on that evening, and I was hoping to stay until 1 am, but it’s only listed as 10-midnight.

1 Like

Based on the park Hopper from the lower image, I’m beginning to believe that also, Thanks!

1 Like

they corrected it…it shows 9:00 - 11:00 now…pretty stoked about that to be honest!

1 Like

Yes this is good news, now I’m wondering if we should even do the early entry, or for that matter rope drop. A sleep in day at WDW, or least a human style breakfast!

we have rope dropped every trip for the last 10 years… last time we didn’t get as much out of it…
this time with G+ each day on a UK ticket (includes ph) I don’t think we will ever go to MK or HS for rope drop.

go to AK or Epcot for RD (because of GotG) and stack for HS MK in the afternoon/evening.

2 Likes

The wisdom is strong with this post.

1 Like

PH ends at 11? Has it always been this way - one can’t arrive with hopper tickets during extended hours? I’m confused.

The standard PH hours end when the park closes to regular guests, but on nights with Extended Theme Park Hours for guests at deluxe resorts, then those people may enter (or stay) as long as they meet the general admission requirements (APR for that park, or AP, or PH and entered their APR park earlier).

That’s when the park closes, silly

Ah, ok.
It says PH availability 2-11pm. Just like you can’t get in at 1pm, you couldn’t at 12 am - is what I wondered for a second.

2 Likes

The gates were still open during extended hours this week - looked like you could enter during the extended hours (with deluxe accommodations) although we didn’t try as we were leaving.

Couple of notes - at MK both Splash & Jungle Cruise apparently do not open for extra magic hours normally. Very disappointing - especially given on our MK night last Wednesday there were extensive thunderstorms that night closing most outdoor attractions so we couldn’t use our LL for Splash. And then got shutout in extended hours as well. With 7DMT down as well due to operating issues, we didn’t get a ton done and bailed earlier than expected. Crowds weren’t bad though although I think it depends a lot on what you’re hoping to ride…

"Splash & Jungle Cruise apparently do not open for extra magic hours "

That’s a good reminder to check the list on Disney’s site: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/guest-services/extended-evening/

1 Like