AFTER HOURS at MK

Just wondering if the after hours at Magic Kingdom is worth the cost? We arrive around 4 on August 22 and will be doing dinner at Jungle Navigation at 6…wondering if I should splurge on the extra cost to stay after hours? Crowd levels are showing a 2 for that day…Any opinions?

Couple things will determine this:

1. How many of you are going and ages?
  2. Do you think you’ll have enough energy to make it to, I’m guessing, 1AM (I don’t know the actual times for that day)
  3. Are riding rides priority #1 for you?

2 adults age 52 and we’d probably be able to make it until midnight :wink: and yes we do enjoy the rides. MK does have the extra morning hour the next day but DH doesn’t want to be up at the butt crack of dawn to get there. I’m a bit of a drill sergeant when it comes to planning my Disney trips…

2 Likes

It is 1 am. I will be there that night alone as my wife and son are heading back to the WL for the night after fireworks. It gets expensive really fast with a big group.

for two adults, yes, i think it’s worth the cost. there’s something special about being in mk at night wandering around from ride to ride with fewer folks present (and all the while eating mickey bars).

1 Like

We did it last year (family of 3, son was 16 then) and loved it. For us it was our last night in the parks & was a great way to end the vacation. Lines were crazy short - we hit nearly everything once, but still only had time to ride things once - those 3 hours fly by, but it’s a lot of fun. Worst lines were for the “free” food oddly enough, but I think that was an understaffing issues more than anything…

Thanks to all for the input…This may be on my Disney Bucket List for this trip. Can’t wait to get there

1 Like

Definitely worth the splurge. DD and I did it this past February. Ended at midnite. We got there at 7, got our passes, didn’t stop until near closing. MK seemed empty.