After Hours at Animal Kingdom

Afternoon All!
I hope everyone has had a beautiful day so far!
My family and I are planning a shorter Disney trip coming up in June. We were interested in going to Animal Kingdom for one of their after hour events in order to beat the crowds and the heat. Not to mention, Pandora was MADE for nighttime! We would get a Tusker House breakfast and do the things that close early in the morning when it is not crowded, then spend the daylight doing a resort day/nap. The concern is right now MDE does not show anything past June 18, 2019. We are going the week right after that. When I look for assistance online, it says the June dates for After Hours Animal Kingdom are posted on MDE. Does this mean Disney is not planning on doing After Hours again after June 18th? Or do you all think they will and are just waiting to post more dates? Worried since MK After Hours has their new event and have already posted dates several months out. Any insights or guesses would be great. If they are not going to do After Hours anymore, we could rearrange some things, but it would be nice to know if it will not be an option. I will try to call Disney at some point, but wanted to ask all of you, the masters, before waiting forever on the phone. :wink:

1 Like

I am currently waiting to see if they offer HS DAS later in the summer as well.

Well I am happy to know I am not alone! We can cross fingers together! Thanks for helping me feel like this is a valid question. Was worried I was having a “duh” moment! :smirk:

2 Likes

No Duh moments here – just lots of useful Qs and then As that help all of us!

1 Like

Me too

This may be a side track from the DAH but right now MDE is showing normal park hours as 8am 10pm on Saturdays until June 1st for AK now. Maybe have a backup plan to visit on a Saturday if they extend more hours. As far as the DAH they didn’t release more dates until a 12 days before the last batch of dates set. So in theory it could be till beginning of June before Disney expands the dates for DAH again.

2 Likes

So, just an update on my own post from two weeks ago: I reached out to customer service to ask about After Hours in Animal Kingdom. I have copy/pasted the response below just in case anyone else here is wondering the same thing. I plan on just keep checking. I have heard via other blogs and discussion boards that After Hours at AK is not as popular as the other parks. Maybe Disney has noticed and is considering not continuing it. Guess we will have to wait and see:
Email From Disney:

Thank you for contacting the Walt Disney World® Resort! We are delighted that you and your family will be vacationing with us, and we appreciate your desire to make your husband’s visit as comfortable and enjoyable as possible.

At this time, we have not been given information about if/when additional dates my be announced for Disney After Hours at Disney’s Animal Kingdom® Theme Park past June 18th. We encourage you and your family to keep an eye on the Disney Parks Blog for future information regarding this special event.

If you have any other questions or challenges, please do not hesitate to contact us by calling us at 407-W-DISNEY (407-934-7639) or by chatting with us in the Help Center of the Walt Disney World® website (only available on the US site). Cast Members will be happy to assist you further.

Have a Magical Day!

Elvira
eCommerce Sales and Service Team