Affortable good food at animal kingdom

Just wondering where we can get a supper meal at animal kingdom
that is decent price and good? any ideas?

We really liked Flame Tree BBQ. Good food, mobile order is available. Seating area is outdoors, but plenty of shade, actually I think this may be the best quick service outdoor seating in my (limited) experience. Except for the birds that were standing 2 feet from us the whole time, eagerly awaiting our scraps.

4 Likes

Flame Tree is probably best bang for buck
Yak and Yeti food truck (the QS not the TS) also has some low cost items that are substantial and delicious.
Satul’i Canteen is really really good, but may be a little more expensive.

But by and large, you’re at WDW and very little can be classified as “affordable”

2 Likes

Always visit here every time I’m at AK. It’s central, decent food, and if you go for the platter excellent value on any dining plan. I have heard good things about Harambe Marketplace but sadly have never made it there - it closes quite early (6PM I think?) Yak & Yeti (+cafe) is nicely placed for RoL. Haven’t really eaten anywhere else!

1 Like

Love Flame Tree.
Just dropped Dsis off there and we were talking about her solo plan.
She said, “Remind me what’s that good spot for lunch”
and I Said, “Flame Tree?”
“Yessssss! Thank you!”

2 Likes

I’ve got my 13 yo ordering kids’ meals now because she is a small eater and at least it comes with a drink. It killed me to watch her eat half her meal the first two times!

4 Likes

Agree about Flame Tree - portions are large and very shareable too.

4 Likes

Another vote for Flame Tree BBQ.

4 Likes

I’m also a big fan of Flame Tree.
Specifically the FULL SLAB meal, and the onion rings.
I’ve always forgotten to ask how much the full slab would be without the sides that come with it (the side are not great, imo, but not inedible. The slaw is inedible for me - far too sweet, but that’s opinion)

Flame Tree will definitely not be the best bbq you’ve ever had, BUT, for theme park food, where everything is gonna have a premium price tag, I’d say the quality of the spare ribs and onion rings are worth the price. If you get the full slab, make sure they don’t skimp you (happened to me 2x, and the worker at the side window threw another portion of ribs on my plate both times, like it was no big deal, then also ripped 4 fastpasses for Bug off what looked like a post it stack like nothing, and gave them to me as well.)

The birds will be hungrily awaiting your arrival! Don’t lose sight of them. They like bbq too!

ETA: The full spare rib platter is easily splittable for 2, maybe 3, if you wanna save room for treats. We usually get the full platter, and an order of rings for three people, and we are sated.

3 Likes

Birds

4 Likes

Yes, this is wise even for some adults!

My kids eat like birds, so right now we don’t do the dining plan for that same reason

1 Like

So - OP - if you eat anywhere but Flame Tree you’d better come review it. :joy:

1 Like

AK is the quick service jackpot. It maybe faster to tell you where NOT to eat.

2 Likes

The key to flame tree is to share a plate. The portions are huge.

3 Likes

Eight spoon cafe does Mac and cheese with pulled pork, which whilst it is technically a snack is a reasonable light meal.

If you want sit down, Yak & Yeti is much cheaper than many table service, and there after definitely shareable items. The ahi tuna nachos are listed as an appetizer but it’s enough food for 2 people to share as a meal.

I’m going to dissent on Flame Tree. I may have had an off occurrence but I wasn’t impressed. Will have to try it again (but not on our upcoming trip).

Disney Food Blog recently gave a glowing review to the special burger and sundae QS option at Restaurantsaruous. I think it requires reservations but uses QS credits.

I’m also a big fan of adults ordering kids portions at QS. It’s usually enough to fill me up without wasting food and saves $ if OOP.

1 Like

Well, at least tell us what happened. Don’t leave us hanging!
:question: :grinning:

1 Like

Oh sorry. The food was simply less than good. Everyone else swears by it so it must have just been an off night. I like barbecue but I’m not from a place known for barbecue so it’s not like I have high expectations or am super picky. It just wasn’t good and I left very disappointed and hungry as I didn’t eat most of my food.

1 Like

I vote for satuli canteen. I’m so sad I didn’t make it there my last trip. I will try to get there in January. Yum.

2 Likes