Advice when crowds are 10 out of 10?

I love this kind of micro-advice. Copied and pasted into my trip plan notes. :grin:

2 Likes

Also do NOT go to the Joffrey’s by SDD/Pixar area. We’ve done that twice now - different times of day - and both times waited an EXCESSIVE amount of time.

2 Likes

I’m trying to recall our Sept 2019 trip with 3 girls, 9, 8, and might as well say 5 since she was 4 yrs 11 months. Never been on anything anywhere. Playground equipment only.

We did our usual first MK morning at Adventureland as it’s MK but not as much overload as Fantasyland.
Traditional 1st ride was Aladdin’s Magic Carpet. All 3 girls screamed in terror. Claimed loudly they were never getting on that again. Umm, not looking good for coasters . . .

Pirates was next - fairly well received.

Then, I think we did Splash, except me cuz I’m a wimp that can’t stand drops. We have ride photos of everyone else on Splash.
The girls’ dad’s attitude is, if the parent doesn’t act like anything’s unusual/scary/different, it won’t be for the kid.
The girls liked Splash better than Aladdin.
We then did Haunted Mansion followed by Crystal Palace where not so much breakfast was eaten but lotsa hugs happened. Stopped for our only FP of the day at Tink’s meet and greet and then back to resort for quiet time.
Next morning was AK which included Safaris, Expedition Everest and Dinosaur. The 5 year old had to miss EE and Dino. The 8 yo had her hands up in the air on EE (how do they know to do this so quickly!) while the 9 yo cringed in her seat. At Dino the 8 yo was hiding behind dad, squeezing his arm off, while the 9 yo seemed to be taking notes on dinosaur anatomy.
At HS, Tower of Terror was a hit, didn’t even scare the 5 yo. 8 yo loved RnRC while the 9 yo cringed again. Both loved the story that dad, at 10 yo, cried all the way outside, after first RnRC ride.
Over at Toy Story the girls opted to skip Slinky completely. They did enjoy Toy Story Mania.

They never did want to repeat Aladdin. Too scary. :crazy_face:

Tip: Their gramma had them in exact same shirts every day. This had benefits with characters. And the girls were easy to keep track of.

Also about shirts, this was a birthday trip with lots of people so the birthday kid picked a color of the day for each day. Buy a new shirt, wear an old fav, solid or pattern. Our photo pass pix look great, as we have close to the same color.

FINALE: We did it! Thanks to Touring Plans, DISBoards on Facebook, and lots of spreadsheets…… the 9 of us had a WONDERFUL time. Did we get on everything I’d hoped? Of course not. Did everybody love every minute? Yes! I’ve been home almost a week, and I’m still on my Disney high.

10 Likes