Advice on getting dole whip without huge wait

I’m dying to try a dole whip but don’t want to spend forever in line on a crowd level 10 day at Christmas. Any suggestions?

1 Like

Go to the Poly!

3 Likes

Pray.

6 Likes

Get it at Animal Kingdom. There was no line there this summer.

3 Likes

Go at rope drop? Good for breakfast

2 Likes

I got one last week at Animal Kingdom with an under 5 minute wait on a CL8 day.
And let me add this detail:
I had it with a shot of coconut rum.
Whaaa?!
That’s right.
Why isn’t that delicious little frozen treat more talked about?
Get thee to Tamu Tamu Refreshments my friends.

8 Likes

Haha. Yes, breakfast. If you must have it in the MK, getting in line when it opens, is probably the way to go. Otherwise, maybe take a break at the Poly: try some of the new food offerings at Capt Cooks for lunch and do dessert at the Pineapple Lanai (includes the float) before heading back into the madness at the MK.

2 Likes

AK is the way to go. With or without rum, I’ve never seen more than 3 or 4 people in that line; I waited 45 min at MK on a “4” day…

1 Like

LOL I think Disney needs to create a FP for dole whips!!

2 Likes

With their insane popularity, I have never been able to figure out why Disney doesn’t open up a few additional stands. I love them, but more often than not I look at the line and say I don’t want one THAT badly. Sucked it up this last trip because DW had never had a DW and we wanted them for the FoF parade.

2 Likes

This isn’t so much a tip, but a possibly obvious observation, especially on our high-crowd trip last summer those two lines on either side of the Dole Whip hut definitely rise and fall in waves. We’d walk by on the way to Pirates and it looked like you’d need a lawn chair and a shot of adrenaline to get through the line. 15 minutes later on way back: not too bad. So try to schedule fly bys to attractions.

Or maybe we should ask TP to add a wait time estimate and reporting ability in Lines.

Also: those lines don’t always queue up evenly: Peoples jump on the line when they see it, and sometimes the other side is MUCH less crowded. Or more, depending, of course :wink: So always check both sides. (After walking by this year and seeing the line uneven by a large margin, I even ran all the way back to the other side to clue in the poor folks on the long side!)

Another tip, unrelated to line size for future dole whippers: this year when we used our snack credits for cups of whippiness, by the time they were all on the counter and we’d tapped magic bands (a total of about a minute), the heat had them all toppling out of the small cups they came in.

My bright 11yo son immediately became concerned they would tip out as we walked and asked the CM for larger cups - she obliged, we dropped them in, small cup and all and all was good in the world. Genius. Why they don’t just do that by default, I don’t know.

1 Like

Last trip I snagged one at a EP a little stand when you branch off to the right facing the World showcase but before you get to canada!

Ooh, I forgot my kids had whips at that spot near Canada. Only had pineapple whip there, though.

1 Like

I think the DWs are only in EP during the F&W festival - at least I’ve never seen them there otherwise…

2 Likes