Advice needed re: trip timing and planning. Is it crazy to take 2 trips a month apart?

What I do find intriguing is that if you are there on September 10, you pretty much have a 50% chance of there being a Hurricane (although, this chart isn’t specific to Orlando, so any Hurricane hitting Florida doesn’t necessarily mean Orlando is impacted). And like 90% chance of a tropical storm of some type. We were there in September for one of those tropical storms. It was a year we did a Universal trip. We had to stay hunkered down in our condo for a full day…which was actually kind of fun in its own way, since we were just dealing with torrential rains.

1 Like

Coastal areas are impacted more than central Florida… as you know. But wind is wind, rain can cause flooding too.

We went to Universal in mid-June last summer and were pleasantly surprised at the weather. It was hot, but not remotely unbearable (and DH does not tolerate heat well). Just hot enough to make the water rides fun :slight_smile:

Plus, we swam in the pool every night (parks closed pretty early).

1 Like

This looks more like a chart of California wildfires rather than hurricanes. I would have used blue / purple instead of red / orange if it were me. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Yes, it is crazy. Yes, you should definitely do it!

It sounds like you will have two completely different trips, so you and DD will enjoy them both but in different ways. We live in WA State (which is relevant because it never gets truly hot here and never with humidity) and we survived 7 nights at WDW last August. It was hot. It was humid. I had a moment everyday where I thought I can’t do this! But we ended up having a blast.

5 Likes

Do it!! I’m going next month and then I realized I had a 5 day weekend in may and was contemplating returning. I’d also go every month if I could.

3 Likes

Also, you picked the wrong forum to ask this question. We’re obviously all going to support multiple trips :rofl:

5 Likes

Fixed that for you

3 Likes

That cannot be true.

I call BS on this graph. The area underneath it is the total number of hurricane-days in the last 100 years in Florida. That’s roughly 30 a year.

According to Wikipedia, Florida has experienced 79 tropical or subtropical cyclones in the last 20 years. That’s four per year on average. Each would need to spend eight days in the state.

Besides, even if it is true, Florida is big and Orlando is small.

The last time Orlando was affected by a hurricane @Randall1028 had one of his best trips ever.

2 Likes

Yes. The people on these forums are psycopathic enablers. It’s a cult here. Get out while you can.

9 Likes

:frowning: I represent that remark

Edit *Represent

1 Like

Amusing typo.

3 Likes

Damn. That’s what I get for multi tasking. Or auto correct strikes again :smirk:

1 Like

Too late, I’m hooked.
I say I can stop reading the posts on this forum everyday, but I don’t think I could.
It’s like watching a show with cliffhangers …At the end of last season there were no fast passes, no dining plans, half the resorts, restaurants and shows were closed, they took the fast pass queue sign down from SM… will any of it return? Stay tuned! In the meantime read these amazing trip reports and plans for trips. I need that sweet Disney fix!

4 Likes

I told my husband that the Disney forum that I follow thought it would be fine to take 2 trips so close together. He said “I’m so surprised that a group of people obsessed with Disney think it’s a good idea to go to Disney” :laughing:
Whatever man, I did a thorough investigation and the research speaks for itself, more Disney = Better.

9 Likes

Haha the research is sound!

3 Likes

Wow, that’s a nice graph. is this going to be exponential growth?

Let’s hope not! :wink:

The stats would look somewhat better if they would just stop naming storms! :wink: