Advice Needed Please on whether to Cancel HRH

Hi, we have HRH booked for 4th July which would give us Express Unlimited on 4th and 5th. However I don´t think we need the expense. We already have a hotel booked on a package holiday so we have a room paid for anyway. We are on a 21 night holiday and with all WDW done at 2 days per park, have at least 8 days we can go to Universal. I´ve done my touring plans and we could do each park in a day on standby and easily each park over 2 days if we take it at a leisurely pace. I think we don´t need to spend 525 dollars for unnecessary express passes. We would literally just be using the hotel room to sleep in.
What do you think?

I was a bit confused… Do you have a room booked elsewhere + HRH – just to get the EP? If so, then yeah… don’t bother. Just take a Uber or Lyft from your current hotel over to USF. It’s not as far from WDW as ppl tend to think. You can always buy Express Passes once you are in the park. It’s only $70 per person. So you can judge once you see the crowds.

Also, you say you’re spending $525 “extra” dollars. Is that the price of tickets + hotel + EP? You didn’t say the number of ppl in your party.

I looked at the crowd calendar and I know it says CL 5 on July 4th , but that seems low – especially when every other day is a CL 9 – 10. I know a lot of locals go to WDW for their celebration, but USF gets its share of ppl who don’t care about fireworks & etc… and just want to I was a bit confused… Do you have a room booked elsewhere + HRH – just to get the EP? If so, then yeah… don’t bother. Just take a Uber or Lyft from your current hotel over to USF. It’s not as far from WDW as ppl tend to think. You can always buy Express Passes once you are in the park. It’s only $70 per person. So you can judge once you see the crowds.

Also, you say you’re spending $525 “extra” dollars. Is that the price of tickets + hotel + EP? You didn’t say the number of ppl in your party.

I looked at the crowd calendar and I know it says CL 5 on July 4th , but that seems low – especially when every other day is a CL 9 – 10. I know a lot of locals go to WDW for their celebration, but USF gets its share of ppl who don’t care about fireworks & etc… and just want to have fun on their day off. Plus, July 4th it’s on Thursday so it’s close enough to the weekend that the CL should be higher – especially with the new Hagrid coaster having just opened two weeks before.

If it were my trip and $525 total was the price of a two night stay w/ tickets + EP and I didn’t have a hotel booked elsewhere – I’d keep it. If you have time to clarify or want to ask more questions I’m available. have fun on their day off. Plus, July 4th it’s on Thursday so it’s close enough to the weekend that the CL should be higher – especially with the new Hagrid coaster having just opened two weeks before.

If it were my trip and $525 total was the price of a two night stay w/ tickets + EP and I didn’t have a hotel booked elsewhere – I’d keep it. If you have time to clarify or want to ask more questions I’m available.

We stayed 2 weeks at WDW last trip and stayed at HRH for 1 night/2 days during that time - not really for the Express Pass - we were going on 2 other days from WDW in day trips as well do lots of time - I just had always really wanted to stay there. And I loved it, it was so nice walking to the parks and I felt much more of a ‘bubble’ there than I ever do at WDW.

This year we are staying for 2 nights/3 days. I hadn’t intended to stay again but I loved it so much. Even if we had a spare 8 days to visit, I think I’d have to do 1 night, although I’d certainly enjoy having the extra days at UOR.

It’s not really about money for me. If I could afford 3 weeks at WDW, an extra £500 would hardly break the bank. But I wouldn’t do it just for the Express Passes either.

Hi yes we are staying on I Drive and we have a car so can either Uber or drive. I looked at the price of Express Passes online for the days we are there and they are 149.99 each per day which is basically the cost of the hotel. There are only 2 of us but we have 14 day 3 park entrance tickets already paid for.

Hi, thanks.

I forgot about the holiday price increase!

I’m not sure if you are trying to “do it all”, at a leisurely pace, or just have select attractions in your plan. I don’t think, especially, over a holiday weekend you can do everything in standby - at least not w/out being there from RD to close and not stopping much.

I’m a big fan of TP, but it’s only an estimate of times. (Again, I’m weary of a CL 5 accuracy on a big holiday.) It’s usually pretty accurate. However, I’ve had multiple times where TP says 8 minute wait and it really 20+ minutes. I just don’t want you to miss out on something if this might be your only trip to USF / IOA.

I did have friends go last weekend during Memorial Day and they were grateful to have EP. They only waited about 10 minutes in each line when most standby queues were 40+ minutes and a hour + in WWOHP.

I agree with @missoverexcited if you are already investing in a big trip, what’s another $525? But … hey… that’s easy for me to say when it’s not my money! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: HRH is a nice place.

Personally, I would get them as I put a value on my time. I feel like I’m losing money by just standing in queues.

They will probably sell out of EP on the day of, so if you do decide to upgrade do it early. You can do it a lot of gift shops & kiosks. You don’t have go ll the way back to park entry where the line can get long at those booths.