Advice for sharing a room with a friend

But if she doesn’t get you the money by the deadline you set than go ahead and tell her sorry but you cannot share a room. Also, no charging privileges if room is in your name (your cc on reservation) and you won’t be together much in parks.

1 Like

This sort of situation is always tough. I like the deadlines and I think it’s fine to say that you are doing certain days solo (you are happy to give her pointers of course.). Better to be upfront about it all.

1 Like

Someone you haven’t seen in 20 years and you are thinking of sharing a 300 sq ft room for a week in an environment that sometimes pushes close family members almost to blows… AND she is showing considerable insecurities, financial and otherwise… Maybe I’m being a pessimist, but I foresee problems…

2 Likes

I think you’re probably right @bswan26. I just sent her a very clear email about the money part of things. I’ll keep you all posted. Fingers crossed.

Yippee skippee!! I guess that was a lot of drama for very little trouble in the end. I wrote a carefully polite but very firm email with all your suggestions. I reiterated that it would only be about $100 more to use the Orbitz promo code I gave her to get a solo room. It worked! She’s currently on the phone with Orbitz booking her own room. Solo room for me!!! Happy dance. @ThatDisneyGuy_outer1 - will you find me a happy dance gif? I don’t know how to insert one of the fancy moving one.

7 Likes

Wohoooooo that’s awesome. Enjoy your trip with old friends!

Glad to hear it worked out!

On my phone so not sure this will work but here goes nothing…

2 Likes

Hahaha! I love Carlton. Thanks @ThatDisneyGuy_outer1. I promise not to tag you a million times tomorrow. @Sing_a_ma_jig_Keli might get jealous.

1 Like

No worries.

Stop threatening to tag my Disney husband. Don’t make me come out to NM, Sally!

2 Likes

PHEW! As I was reading the beginning of this thread I was like OHHH THIS SOUNDS BAD! I am glad she is getting her own room! WAY better plan!

@ThatDisneyGuy_outer1 How did you get a gif to post?!!?!? I tried the other day and it didnt work!

1 Like

Funny you should ask… I just posted the instructions.

Just make sure you are linking directly to the gif file and it should work.

1 Like

Thanks!!

@SallyEpp_cot I am SOOO glad this whole situation worked out for you! I was sitting here reading your tale of woe and was getting increasingly more concerned for you :worried: Thankfully NHH decided to go the suggested route!! Yay! We need to have our WDW trips drama-less (is that a word? ha!) Can’t wait to read your trip report :cherry_blossom:

1 Like

Just read your story and I am thrilled she is getting her own room. Absolutely. Thanks for sharing because I have been in similar life situations trying to do the right thing and consider others etc etc etc. Happy for you.

1 Like

Thank you @whenuwish! I’m so lucky that the other 4 are all very compatible people.

We’ve started discussing strategies for splitting checks at TS restaurants now that we know that one of our number marches to the beat of a different drummer.

Does anyone have any suggestions for splitting checks? Will Disney TS restaurants to separate checks for parties of 6? I hope so. We will have to bring a calculator if they won’t.

@SallyEpp_cot I’m almost positive that I asked the server to do separate bills the last time we went with a group. I asked at the beginning of the meal and then reminded him at the end. Oh I hope I’m not steering you wrong.

Thanks @EthicalAddict! I hope that will be the case. Disney restaurants must deal with large parties all the time, so surely the will accommodate.

1 Like

You can def get separate bills. Glad this all worked out!

Thanks @disneyteachers!