Advent Calendar While at Disney? Any Ideas?

My girls (ages 11 and 8) love their annual Advent Calendars - typically Lego-themed. This year though, my family is going to be in Disney World/Universal from December 5-15 and we will NOT be traveling with Legos, or giant boxes of stuff to take on the plane, etc.

Please give me other ideas - that won’t cost a fortune or take up a lot of space - that will still be fun for these girls. I thought maybe new Disney/Harry Potter pins each day (we’ve never collected) or things I would normally get them anyway for our trip. I’m hoping you guys have already done some cool stuff before that I can just copy. :slight_smile: Thanks!

1 Like

I started doing The 12 Days of Christmas w/ my kids when they were little to help w/ waiting until Xmas morning to open gifts. Each day there was a small box or envelop to open and it had an activity inside. A Christmas movie, cookie cutters to use for a baking day. You could easily make it park themed. Each morning open one to find out where we are going, eating doing etc. Just an idea.

1 Like

We do nightly “elf on the shelf” gifts…I’m a fool, I know! I bought a charm bracelet and Disney charms from Charm It. They are good quality and inexpensive. They have a GREAT Disney selection including the castle, micky pretzel, princesses, Minnie ears etc. They are adorable and take up no room in a suitcase!

1 Like

If you haven’t collected pins already, perhaps you don’t want to start.

Since you’re flying, perhaps Disney stickers?

Or, if you can manage it, Disney pressed pennies. If your kids are otherwise engaged, sneak over to a penny mashing machine.

There are penny albums to hold the pennies.

The machines are all over Disney World. I think I’ve even seen lists of where to find them. I’d heard some were shifting away from the 2 quarters/1 penny to credit cards.

My great granddaughters, 10 and 9, love pressed pennies.

2 Likes

We have done this Advent calendar for a couple of years. It is NOT small, but it is flat and I think would pack decently well. Your kids might be a touch on the older side but it’s cool enough with some obscure movies and stuff represented. And they could read the books themselves!

If you are interested, definitely pre-order as it usually sells out.

2 Likes

Pressed pennies are definitely on the list - they started a collection when they were 3 and 6. We now have to do it regardless of the tourist location. :grinning:

1 Like

Ohh, just a quick glance at their website, I’m excited. Thanks for the tip! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

This Disney puzzle advent calendar just dropped on the Shop Disney site today. There’s a small jigsaw puzzle for each day. I’m tempted to get it for myself!
https://www.shopdisney.com/mickey-mouse-and-friends-puzzle-advent-calendar-460055384768.html?isProductSearch=0&plpPosition=1&guestFacing=Holiday%2520Shop

HomeGoods has these for $14.99!!!

1 Like

Oh I will have to look! I assume they are last years.

Love this too! Our extended family always does a large puzzle each family trip; and we alternate who takes it home to be framed. My mind is now racing trying to incorporate these smaller puzzle into future Christmas decorations… :blush:

But how to travel with a puzzle…:grimacing: We just might have a bunch to do when we get home!

1 Like